I've been dating this girl for 2 years now I am 20 and she is now 17 and will turn 18 this year. She is my church mate and our families have been close... and one reason was because I courted this girl. We have been church mates in over 5 years now and we only had feelings for each other when around 3 years came to pass...

We were having on and off relationships two reasons being, she wanted to study more and she wanted to become a pastor in the Salvation Army(Pastors must marry Pastors in Salvation Army and I for one have no desire to become one.)... she's done this around 7 times now and after a week she goes back at me saying she can't handle the pain and we get together again... many people see that I was a real fighter because they said most boys give up when they are dating with girls with that kind of attitude...

Why do I still open my doors to her when she often breaks up with me? It's because I love this girl very much... I don't know why but I can see in her that she really does love me even with all the breaking ups and times she can't give time for me. Many people say that she is just toying with my heart but there is one thing in mind in our 2 years of our relationship that I have observed... she is immature even if she is already turning 18 and can't decide very well...

When our relationship had just started in just months her sister secretly told me that she wasn't really serious about our relationship and had to decide whether or not continue it... I decided to continue it even though we were on and off... everytime we broke up I was showing weaknesses to her and begging for the relationship to continue... but later on I learned that I must not show weakness... so when she broke up with me for the 6th time, I gave no response and no contact for her and I don't even talk to her at church anymore... after 2 months, she came back to me and said she promised that she wont leave me ever again which was the first time I heard her... but still I gave took words a grain of salt.

So far as I observed after what happened, the relationship seemed ok... we were more intimate, she always asked me for dates(which should have been my work), and me helping her studies (her minors like Math and Physics)... until such time that she received a failed grade for the first time... she didn't want to accept it and suddenly she told me that she wants to decide to break up again and that she no longer wanted love anymore... as hurting as it was, again, I applied a no contact and this time... I'm not even going to expect that she's gonna come back... though as what I always do, I leave my door open for her.

so after this I'll have a few questions:

1. Is it a shallow reason to have a break up due to studies?
2. I know I still care for her and I love her but around a month or so I begin to forget the pain and go on with my own needs but I still give her chances... If you were in my state, would you do the same thing?

Aside from the questions given, I'd also like to hear other advices from you guys...

-God Bless-