+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do women generally think of men?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanese View Post
    MerryH, Basically she's done this to people before. I'm pretty much very confident that I didn't screw anything up, not only that, but when the issue was taken up with security, they analyzed the situation, and deemed their reaction unfair and unjustified.
    My god...so all men are criminals? damn I guess I need to tone it down when I think I'm in love with someone. They'll get the wrong idea and think I'm a perv! Oh women...what is your secret?

Ok. So you really just told a girl you liked her and then this crazy shitstorm happened? Her friends start threatening you, assuming you were behind some crimes, even "security" was involved somewhere?

Something doesn't sound like the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    What do women think???.... pfffft! Women don't think. Oxymoron.
    You hitt the nail on the nail on the head in regard to what I was gonna say.
    Not because I think women 'don't think (heap of tosh).....but because 1930's 1940's woman is always portrayed as being a bimbo, having no brain and being unable to think for herself in comedy sketches.

So where Op moans and whines about men being the butt end of jokes.....WOMEN ARE TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Ok. So you really just told a girl you liked her and then this crazy shitstorm happened? Her friends start threatening you, assuming you were behind some crimes, even "security" was involved somewhere?

Something doesn't sound like the truth.
    Pretty much spot on. Too bad it is true. Every word of it. I feel there's more about it, and I want to resolve the issue, but according to the counselor, they have no desire to resolve anything. Basically I lost quite a few of my friends, pretty much everyone who knew the ground zero girl. Luckily I have much more friends than that, and all of the ones left are outraged by the situation and have taken my side on the issue. After the incident, I was fairly angry that women would assume such terrible things about me. I wanted to join this site to help me see a woman's point of view on things, as to avoid outright sexism:

Girls seemed to love the guys that actually WERE creepers, and guys to wanted to be supportive were the ones hated and shoved away. Women may have a good "gaydar", but their radar for creeps seems to need repair.

Just be aware of the fact that men want to treat women they like really well by default. In my experience, if he's doing the "hard to get" act, or the "too much confidence for his own good" act. It may be more attractive, but generally, those are the men who either see you as an object or "trophy", or who just aren't being themselves.

If the guy seems like he's "putting you on a pedestal" for the initial impression, that's generally very genuine behavior. It may be unattractive, but the confidence and manliness will come later.

Men's hormones make them act differently around women they like at first. Keep that in mind. If he's treating you like everyone else, he probably doesn't care about you any more than anyone else, unless it's some sleezy pick-up act.

There is no sleezy, shallow pickup act for wanting to treat you well at first.

I'm not saying women in general don't get that, but it seems like the girls I dealt with seemed to be clueless about it.

I don't put women on a pedistal or anything, or saying women should praise men without backbone. I'm just emphasizing the importance of genuinity over the sleezy pickup acts that seem to work every time.
    Last edited by Jonathanese; 04-12-10 at 03:58 AM.

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/men-susceptible-women-relationship-woes-study-finds/story?id=10877651]Men More Susceptible than Women to Relationship Woes, Study Finds - ABC News[/url]

lol did not mean anything serious as if its would happen men thinking lkie women lol gotta admit be more peaceful the world lol
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    You hitt the nail on the nail on the head in regard to what I was gonna say.
    Not because I think women 'don't think (heap of tosh).....but because 1930's 1940's woman is always portrayed as being a bimbo, having no brain and being unable to think for herself in comedy sketches.

So where Op moans and whines about men being the butt end of jokes.....WOMEN ARE TOO.
    It was a satirical statement. You may thank me with a kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    lol did not mean anything serious as if its would happen men thinking lkie women lol gotta admit be more peaceful the world lol
    I'm not going to take either side on this issue.

Estrogen programs the brain to keep a certain level of drama. When none exists and things are well, it creates drama to keep the mind and social interaction moving. It also helps improve progressively smaller issues. But again, it's often unnecessary. I'm not talking about just women, either, but high-estrogen men, then seem to do exactly the same thing.

High "masculinity"? Basically, when there's not major drama, us men usually get lazy, eat a lot, or get "honry". From what i gather, this developed from wars in early human history, where when there's no war, men would rest, recover, and procreate.

So, in a broad generalization sense, when things aren't going tough, we end up with a lot of lazy men and over-dramatic women.

I think instead of all of us thinking like one or the other (really bad idea), there's a good balance in the middle somewhere. The desire to fix and improve the infrastructure; but the need to rest for the next big stress factor, and to look at things directly and straightforward. An "androgynous" mind, so to speak

It's kinda happening as well. Men are becoming more emotionally expressive, and women are becoming more independent because there's less social derogatory toward both ideas.

But at the same time, There is an increasing number of single women, usually from bad experiences with relationships (aka, the "jerks" being the only attractive guys) or from not finding as many men attractive in the first place (because at first glance, it appears men are losing backbone).

That's generally what I gather, anyway, from reading about such topics and discussing them with my sister, as well as other girls and guys.

doppelgaenger, you're so so silly...

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein". Amazing quote, BTW, kissesforu.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    It was a satirical statement. You may thank me with a kiss.
    Aye, maybe a Glaswegian one pet lol

Sooo, anyone got a list of things they think about men?

"That's impossible to answer because in order to answer what I like about mEn I have to generalize... usually by steryotypes. "

OK, that's kinda what I mean. I'm not talking about what general women thing about general men.

Here's what I mean:

Girls:
    Pros:
    I feel around girls, I can be more expressive about what I feel and they would listen to it. More so with Friends who are girls instead of dates, but still usually true nonetheless.

Around artsy girls it's like I can actually describe in great detail the meaning of a work, as opposed to most guys who look for functionality. Mind you, I'm an engineer, so functionality is my middle name, but I also love theatre, music, painting, and architecture. Men who are surrounded by men are usually quite a bit less expressive along these lines.

Women can be incredibly loving when you're around them. It's pretty refreshing to be around when living with guys who pick on each other to keep friendships. Not necessarily always better, but different.

They certinaly decorate their dorms/apartments better, haha! a lot of guys apartments are pretty pathetic.

Cons:
    As I stated earlier, I feel like women look at men like people of Duloc looked at Shrek, like we're big stupid criminals with the hygiene of a homeless man who cools himself off by smothering himself in beer and warms himself in dead cats. And that all we think about is sex. There is actually a strong stigma in advertising and pushes the idea of a successful relationship as one involving sex. But men who seek out sex often have other problems, and pretty much tick off other guys for creating the stereotype in the first place. I've been treated like an "enemy" for being a guy. we shouldn't be enemies

Women also usually create unnecessary drama. It's like it's some competition to plot and scheme against men who "only think with our balls", when it's usually just that we're not putting thought into plotting or scheming.

Women play hard to get and play games because that's what they think we want, since it's what they want. It just really annoys most guys.

There are also a lot of contradictions in what they are attracted to. The things that really turn them on are usually traits of the guys who just want to use them. It's an unfortunate evolutionary trait for both genders. Frustrating like none other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12