+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ive got a tricky situation here, help would be appreciated.

ive got a tricky situation here, help would be appreciated.

hey guys, ill try to make this story as short as possible for you
    so im 16 just so you guys know. continuing, ive had my eyes on this one girl for about 3 months. when it comes to me and women, i dont rush into anything, so we hung out a lot one on one just as friends and just getting to know her better and being friendly. we both knew we liked eachother, but i just wanted to make sure she was right for me. so after that 3 month period, i decided she was, and i asked her to be in a relationship. She said yes. yet that being said, after a week she instantly got rid of me

she says that she really likes me a ton and she wanted things to work. yet 2 years ago at a party a man tried to date rape her (nothing happened, her friends saved her). she called the cops, and the court case of this situation took place the day she broke up with me. he went to jail. she said that she wanted to start this relationship and that im the nicest guy she has met, but as she said 'her life did not get better' and that the whole situation was still in the back of her mind.

she told me about this situation before, but she did not say that it was taking over her life like this. so as a natural reaction, i asked her why she could not come to me to talk about her problems so we could work them out together (since i told her if she ever needed help i would be there), and how i was upset because i know i would have treated her right compared to any other guy. she had no response.

i realized it was wrong to do that since shes going through a lot so i apologized, and i told her i wanted to just be friends, but that i would like to hear in the near future about how she is feeling about the whole date rape situation to try to help her.

after that, whenever i talked to her, she seemed real sad, and tried to ignore or escape the conversation. then i realised that trying to pressure her into talking about this was wrong. so i sent her a message telling her that i would no longer put the pressure to talk about the situation, but if she ever needs someone, she could come to me at any time

i also told her that i would give her lots of space. i told her that i will no longer try to talk to her, other than the occasional hello, since she seems sad talking to me. i told her that i wish we could still talk, but now its up to her. so far its been 2 weeks with no actual conversation

yet she had no response to that message i sent her. and now i dont know what to do. do i just let it be? do i ask her if she read it? should i try to be friends? should i forget what i said and try to get her to talk about her problems? i need some advice here. i just want to help her out in the end, i dont want her to run from her problems.

thanks guys, i appreciate it

and ps, just so you know, we did nothing sexual. just thought it would not hurt if you knew

Hey, it sounds like you try go give her some space and not to pressure too much, if she still away she might not ready to be in a relationships now

looks like you need to move on, sorry to tell you this like that.
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/