+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i wait for my ex? Need and advice :(

Should i wait for my ex? Need and advice :(

My ex and i broke up about 8 months ago because of me, i needed time and i wasn't feeling good about the relationship and i hurted him too much. He was destroyed, he asked me for a second chance several times and promised me everything for make me falling in love again, but i always said it was not the moment. I thought i was happy without him, just living my life.. but a month ago, i started to miss him, he didn't talk to me so nice as he used to, and we small talked, also he started putting status on his fb apparently about a new girl. So i decided to do something before i could lose him. I asked him to see a movie together but he answered me he had a new girlfriend (his bestfriend!), i literally broke down. He called me to explain me everything (which no one does somehitng like that) and even though i was mad and hung up the phone.
    A week later i asked him to meet to talk. I told him all the truth, that i miss him, love him and all that stuff. He told me he couldn't just wait for me all life, and so he moved on. And even though he still loves me, he needs to heal a lot of wounds that i cause him. So basically he told me that even though he wasn't closing me the door, he wasn't open it either, he's happy with her and wants me to be too, so he said i can always count on him and always have a place in his heart but now he can only offers me a friendship..

But, what should i do? wait for him? (i told him that) and i feel he kind of deserves it for everything i did to him.. or just let things happen? But i dont wanna do this, i'm afraid he forgets about me with her, and the worst she's his best friend! that terrifies me! and knowing he still loves me in some way makes me wanna do something! Helppp I loved him too much, we last almost 3 years

I'm sorry, but you broke this guy's heart and kicked him to the curb. You did what was best for you at the time like you said.

You hurt him physically, mentally and emotionally, so naturally he has lost A LOT of faith, trust and respect in you. Why else do you think he has been mean towards you? You hurt him.

Fortunate for you, his relationship with his "best friend" might be a rebound thing and might not last. You should NOT wait for him, but instead you should concentrate and focus on yourself what YOU did wrong and why YOU were "not ready" to continue being in a relationship with him (or anyone else for that matter). If he and his new girl part, then perhaps you can talk again.

Bottomline is that he was honest with you as well. You hurt him, he's going to keep you at arm's length. Only time will tell.

it is common for people to break up, and then regret it later. however, rarely does the second time stick.

you are just bored and thinking about good old time and having regrets. leave him alone. you had your chance and you decided you weren't happy with him. have you changed? has he changed? what makes you think it will work this time around? like i said. rarely will the second time stick. you two will just make eachother miserable again.

leave him alone. he is getting on with his life. i suggest you do the same.

I've changed. I was so mean at him, you don't even know how much clear i see things now.. basically i broke up with him because of no reason, he was perfect, maybe i was bored of that perfection, i wanted to live my life or maybe just wanted to be alone. I know i took him for granted, i know it was my mistake but i'd like to have a second chance.. :s

You blew it - and he has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by moni View Post
    My ex and i broke up about 8 months ago because of me, i needed time and i wasn't feeling good about the relationship and i hurted him too much. He was destroyed, he asked me for a second chance several times and promised me everything for make me falling in love again, but i always said it was not the moment. I thought i was happy without him, just living my life.. but a month ago, i started to miss him.
    Without mentioning specifics it's next to impossible to know what went wrong and why.
    Still, it's good of you to know where you went wrong but really there is something seriously wrong
    with someone (you) not being in touch with your feelings/satisfied when someone so "perfect" for you is
    mistreated poorly due to your own issues. A man isn't usually emotionally unstable so acting in this
    manner destroys stability a man seeks with his woman.

he didn't talk to me so nice as he used to, and we small talked, also he started putting status on his fb apparently about a new girl. So i decided to do something before i could lose him. I asked him to see a movie together but he answered me he had a new girlfriend (his bestfriend!), i literally broke down. He called me to explain me everything (which no one does somehitng like that) and even though i was mad and hung up the phone.
    This is what happens when you're not true to yourself, nor him.
    I can only give advice based on what is written since your posts do not get into the details but
    you let him go (due to your instability) yet here you are sad about him meeting another person.
    Was he supposed to sit around and wait for you to figure out what you wanted?
    Life does not work this way and neither do people and their emotions in which you had played with.

he's happy with her
    Then allow him to move on with his life and without your interferences.
    He's moving on with his life and he is happy. Why would you want his friendship when you
    had hurt him, AND he has already shown you he's picked up the pieces and found someone who treats him right?

I've changed. I was so mean at him, you don't even know how much clear i see things now.. basically i broke up with him because of no reason, he was perfect, maybe i was bored of that perfection, i wanted to live my life or maybe just wanted to be alone. I know i took him for granted, i know it was my mistake but i'd like to have a second chance.. :s
    But, what should i do? wait for him? (i told him that) and i feel he kind of deserves it for everything i did to him.. or just let things happen? But i dont wanna do this, i'm afraid he forgets about me with her, and the worst she's his best friend! that terrifies me! and knowing he still loves me in some way makes me wanna do something! Helppp I loved him too much, we last almost 3 years
    Unconditional love doesn't take people for granted and it sounds like you have a lot to learn
    when it comes to love and people's emotions (as well as your own)

Only nature decides if you two get another chance but if you want this to fail?
    By all means force your 2nd chance and I guarantee you -you will be unhappy in the end.

You don't wait for someone that is happy with someone else.
    You pick up the pieces by chalking this up as a lesson learned.
    That you messed up and NOW you know that when you have someone as perfect as he:
    You don't let them go. Eventually he will forget about you and that is the point.

She appreciates him for who he is and that makes him feel like he can confide in her.
    You wanna do something? OR do the right thing?

Stop being selfish and think about other people for once.
    Move on.

If you say "but I can't" then all this really proves is: You don't really want to.
    I've been through this many times being both the victim and you role in this.

Either way if you really, truly love this person then you just let them go
    and allow him to enjoy his life without you. You don't cheat with him on the side...
    You don't sabotage his relationship. You act like a grown woman/adult and wish him the best in life
    and move on.

You never know the actual value of something or someone in your live until you lose it. Now that you have realized how much you care and need him in your life, good for you. You've made your first move, now he knows you want him back, give him space and time to think it over. He most likely will come back to you but in the mean time you need to work on yourself.