+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chatting up girls

Chatting up girls

I'd like to think I'm quite attractive... I'm not up myself but I think I'm at least a 7. All my friends (including guys) tell me how pretty I am etc especially on nights when I'm dressed up to go out.

But I hardly ever get approached by guys on nights out... and if I do they're not always the most attractive of people (sorry if I sound shallow).

So what's that about? I don't think I give off a 'I'm really hard to talk to' vibe at all so I don't really get it???
    Impossible is nothing, your environment's irrelevant. Just don't let your emotions overpower your intellegence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa89 View Post
    I'd like to think I'm quite attractive... I'm not up myself but I think I'm at least a 7. All my friends (including guys) tell me how pretty I am etc especially on nights when I'm dressed up to go out.

But I hardly ever get approached by guys on nights out... and if I do they're not always the most attractive of people (sorry if I sound shallow).

So what's that about? I don't think I give off a 'I'm really hard to talk to' vibe at all so I don't really get it???
    Do you smile, make eye contact, etc? If you don't, it takes mucho balls to approach a woman.

Smile at a guy, make eye contact, profit.

I could smile more
    Impossible is nothing, your environment's irrelevant. Just don't let your emotions overpower your intellegence.

I could smile more
    Men are giant cowards. It's a fact. The best way to get guys to approach you is go into wherever and spot which guys you find attractive. One by one, get eye contact with them, smile, and then move on to the next. Don't focus on one, hit them all with some eye flirting. Ups your chances significantly, especially because guys like being the winner. They'll fight over ya.

Men will approach you. Guaranteed.

I'll try this when I'm back at university in a few weeks... if it doesn't work I'm coming for you! Thanks for your help!

\I'm coming for you!
    You can come for me any time you like.

I had a crush on one of the foreign exchange girls all semester long. She is so pretty, and I didn't have the balls to walk straight up to her like I have many other women because I really, really like her. We have classes and mutual friends together - I had plenty of opportunities to make my move, but I didn't until very recently. And it turns out that all along she really liked me and was making all these subtle hints of interest that I didn't quite pick up on. She was confused like you are now - she wondered if I even found her attractive at all. Men are cowardly morons! Sometimes you have to spell it out for us before we finally 'get it'.

I think I'm at least a 7.
    I hardly ever get approached by guys on nights out
    They're not always the most attractive of people (sorry if I sound shallow).
    This ^^^

You "think" your a 7.
    The "hot" men you are wanting don't think you're a 10. (See how it works?)

Your intentions aren't good and the vibe you send out is negative.
    If you want men to approach you: it's simple Kill the Batma-never mind I saw the avatar and...

Anyway if you want men to approach you: be approachable.
    You attract flies with honey: not with vinegar. (unless they're ghetto)

And what exactly do you think my intentions are?

And what exactly do you think my intentions are?
    No one can be really sure what any one's intentions are.
    All we can do is deduce from your posts (which are largely based on your experiences) how you appear to be.

If we are to call a spade a spade based on what you've written...
    It seems (to me) that you want to receive special treatment with respect to your looks while
    you haven't considered the guys you are meeting are proportionate to the way you look and the way you perceive yourself.

See, even if your thoughts are good (your perceive intent) your actions supersede those thoughts.
    The weird part is that people can "pick up" on what people think or feel based on your outward projection!

Just like most vain men are shallow "hot" girls can be considered the same. (of course not always)
    It always depends on the person, how they were raised and how they viewed people (poor, well off, middle class)
    then there are those that equate beauty with the exterior only.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I didn't have the balls to walk straight up to her like I have many other women
    because I really, really like her. I had plenty of opportunities to make my move, but I didn't until very recently.
    Men are cowardly morons! Sometimes you have to spell it out for us before we finally 'get it'.
    So you really really really like her?
    Men aren't cowardly morons. Little boys are.
    Women need secure and confident men.

Do you see how you have all the confidence in the world with "you friends"
    (which means your lack of respect enables you to do as you please)
    ...meanwhile a respectable girl comes along and you haven't any balls to approach her?

Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    So you really really really like her?
    Men aren't cowardly morons. Little boys are.
    Women need secure and confident men.

Do you see how you have all the confidence in the world with "you friends"
    (which means your lack of respect enables you to do as you please)
    ...meanwhile a respectable girl comes along and you haven't any balls to approach her?

Makes perfect sense.
    I did approach her. She is currently my girlfriend.
    She has also been a friend for a good while. And I felt up her breasts.
    Now go get your eyes checked because you clearly have struggles with reading comprehension.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 03-01-11 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I did approach her. She is currently my girlfriend.
    She has also been a friend for a good while. And I felt up her breasts.
    Now go get your eyes checked because you clearly have struggles with reading comprehension.
    I'll my eyes check when you stop being an emotional walking contradiction.
    You had said you didn't have the balls to approach her because you really really really liked her.

So why can't you man up the courage to tell her how you feel?
    Yet you had no issue feelings her breasts as friends? FAIL

What in the hell is your problem?

I've been seeing this girl for weeks. We spend time every day together and she knows how I feel. And I didn't stop at second base. So, kindly: fück off.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I'll my eyes check when you stop being an emotional walking contradiction.
    You had said you didn't have the balls to approach her because you really really really liked her.

So why can't you man up the courage to tell her how you feel?
    Yet you had no issue feelings her breasts as friends? FAIL
    I really hate defending Doppel but reading comprehension, dude.

He didn't approach her for a while, eventually got the courage, and now they're dating. It's really pretty easy to understand. He was trying to make the point that it can take guys a while to work up the courage so some initiative/help from the girl really helps things along. And for those of us that can read, it was a pretty well construed point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast