+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chatting with your love on the phone

Chatting with your love on the phone

As many of you know, I've been dating the new guy for 2 weeks or so now..
    It is a long distance relationship
    He does work, and gets home around 6:30
    His cell phone gets free long distance after 9

Heres the thing... the guy barely ever calls! I dont know if this is because of the long distance thing or what. When he calls we talk for 30 minutes maybe and then he has to go to bed.

Maybe I'm used to the routine my ex and I had going, he used to call me 10 times a day and we would hang out almost every day we could.

Now heres Josh, he barely calls, when he does its almost time for bed, and we only hang out once a week.

Is this not a bad thing? Maybe I'm just used to the old routine? Maybe he isnt into me enough to actually call all the time? What is this?
    ~Sarah~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    some guys hate talking on the phone. like me, i would never talk on the phone for half an hour. that's 25 mintues longer than i would have wanted to in the first place.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I asked him if it was just a personal preference and that maybe he'd rather talk online or something. He said no it didnt bother him at all...
    ~Sarah~

i completely agree with raverboy. guys HATE talking on the phone. with the exception of gay men.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'd much rather talk in person, as opposed to the phone any day.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i completely agree with raverboy. guys HATE talking on the phone. with the exception of gay men.
    I don't think this is always true. I know men who will talk into the wee hours and who are demonstrably NOT gay... Hes probably just tired. Does he have to get up early?

Instead of online chatting (typing), go download some of that free internet phone call software... long distance is free if you have microphone/headset for your computer. Is Vonage an internet phone service? Aren't you considering this...?
    Last edited by indigosoul; 14-05-05 at 01:45 PM.

Yes actually next month we will have it, but reguardless, even if I call him (so it would be long distance for me instead) he doesnt want to talk much. Who knows..

We had a talk last night...I told him I didnt think that unless he was more excited about this relationship that I didnt want to see him anymore. Course he and I didnt date long, I was able to tell if he was really what I wanted to date. I learned some things about him last night I didnt so much like.... so I dont think he and I will be a couple, just friends.
    I'm glad I didnt rush things this time..
    ~Sarah~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't have a problem with talking on the phone.

It's better than talking on-line.

But not better than talking in person.

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    As many of you know, I've been dating the new guy for 2 weeks or so now..
    It is a long distance relationship
    He does work, and gets home around 6:30
    His cell phone gets free long distance after 9

Heres the thing... the guy barely ever calls! I dont know if this is because of the long distance thing or what. When he calls we talk for 30 minutes maybe and then he has to go to bed.

Maybe I'm used to the routine my ex and I had going, he used to call me 10 times a day and we would hang out almost every day we could.

Now heres Josh, he barely calls, when he does its almost time for bed, and we only hang out once a week.

Is this not a bad thing? Maybe I'm just used to the old routine? Maybe he isnt into me enough to actually call all the time? What is this?
    Just sounds like a man with prioritys, not a bad thing.

And like raverboy said, I hate talking on the phone also...unless its something productive, small talk and chatter can be done in person.

Some guys like talking on the phone, I have male friends that do. Josh may be someone that is not a big phone talker, learn to accept it. If ya feel like talking on the phone, call some girlfriends, yall love to gossip on there.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

Easier said than done... I have no girlfriends in this area... theyre all long distance
    ~Sarah~

I have heard a bunch of "success" stories of long distance relationships. But after I tried, it just didnt work.

I met a girl on vacation, was into her. Since she lives in a state far away, I couldnt take it and distance ripped it.

Anyways about the phone thing:
    I spend too much time doing everything with my girl, we go on a date ussually 5-6 hours. Then talk on the phone after that for another 4 lol.
    TOO MUCH! But i love it.

He's an hour and a half away.. so it isnt so far its not possible.. but its still far enough to be bothersome...
    Maybe I'm just in too big a hurry, maybe its better for me to learn to take things slowly anyway. We can date, and maybe it will get serious about maybe not. Right? lol
    ~Sarah~

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    He's an hour and a half away.. so it isnt so far its not possible.. but its still far enough to be bothersome...
    Maybe I'm just in too big a hurry, maybe its better for me to learn to take things slowly anyway. We can date, and maybe it will get serious about maybe not. Right? lol
    Maybe its time for me to make the move..!
    *tries to make a move, fails miserably, comes back to his couch again*
    lol..

well i hope u could work it out somehow..

I hate talking on the phone for a long time....annoying...
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

hahahahaha ooooh lord. Guys are always more fun than girls and you know why? They arent as dramatic. Love it...
    ~Sarah~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast