+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's your mindset?

What's your mindset?

I'm curious as to what you guys are usually thinking when your out. Like, when your out at stores like Wal-mart, grocery stores, mall etc. What are you usually thinking about? Are you thinking about meeting girls? I always read in dating advice articles that a place to meet guys is in line at stores like Wal-mart. I always go to Wal-mart and I'll be waiting in line and there'll be a cute guy by himself and guys don't seem to be interested.

I never go out with friends because I lost touch with them due to being homeschooled. Which means, I never go to social functions. I just thought I'd be approached by now but that's not the case. I've been thinking here lately about this one time when I was with some friends and we were at a local race track watching cars race. There were guys my age there and at the time I wasn't focused on guys and being asked out. I am now focused on guys and was thinking back to all the times when I did go out and am feeling ultra ugly and I don't understand why dirty and ugly girls get the guys but I don't. I am not dirty thats for sure!

I've had a super cute guy stand behind me really close at a pop machine recently at this building in my apartment complex. My little sister was with me but it was just this cute guy, my little sister and me. It was quiet in the building and I was having some difficulty getting my change out of the coin slot. I was wonderig why instances like that, guys never talk or ask me out.

I feel ugly and undesirable being I've never been asked out. I know I'm ugly cause if I weren't guys would be approaching and guys only approach girls that are attractive to them. Advice is needed!

I feel ugly and undesirable being I've never been asked out. I know I'm ugly cause if I weren't guys would be approaching and guys only approach girls that are attractive to them. Advice is needed!
    I understand why you feel like that, but if you look at it from a guys point of view it probably makes a lot more sense. For me the more prettier the girl is the more difficult I find it to make the first move. Granted not all guys are like that but I certainly find it easier to talk to a less attractive girl. So in that respect, maybe you are actually very pretty and guys are a bit intimidated by it. We also live in the 21st century, don't be afraid to ask a guy out lol.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Jeeez, not again.

I cant speak for guys, but when im shopping im thinking about shopping and what im doing at the time rather than waiting to be hit on. Im not ugly, but have never been asked out when grocery shopping or standing in a queue.

You should make some friends.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

as much as im sure it sucks for you your mind set really pisses me off.
    why should it always be the guy who need to make the first move? why does the girl never need to get get up the courage to ask a guy out, or initiate a conversation. if you cared about it enough you'd grow a pair of lady balls and turn around and start chatting to the guy behind you? why always leave it down to us guys? jheeeez

/rant

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by eonbar View Post
    as much as im sure it sucks for you your mind set really pisses me off.
    why should it always be the guy who need to make the first move? why does the girl never need to get get up the courage to ask a guy out, or initiate a conversation. if you cared about it enough you'd grow a pair of lady balls and turn around and start chatting to the guy behind you? why always leave it down to us guys? jheeeez

/rant
    Just look at her previous posts and you will see why.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Sounds like OP is desperate for a man and waiting to be chatted up and in no matter what situation or circumstance.

Get some frigging hobbies for gawds sakes!!

The last thing I'm thinking and when out shopping, at the library, the cafe, is 'OOOOOooooh, wonder if I'm gonna get chatted up today'...

My mind is always on, what I'm doing.....not men.

I'm curious: why were you homeschooled? And is this common where you live?
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Homeschooled

I was homeschooled because I was having trouble fitting in. I was never picked on, but I couldn't really communicate well with my peers. I always thought choking was funny and I was really immature. Homeschooling isn't common where I live. I was homeschooled in the 11th grade.

Sounds like you have some really poor social skills. You never go out to social evens and just hope that by going out shopping you'll get hit on? Guys like girls who are confident and doesn't sound like you are and it probably shows a mile off. If you see a cute guy talk to him - simple stuff like asking if he knows where to find a certain product - just an icebreaker.
    We are living in the 21st century and it's OK for women to initiate stuff.