+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is my friend acting like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Happylad View Post
    ah right well i meant shes good looking and thats it we were all using that expression that night . i wish i just said yea your hot/sexy
    Well because you said that you'd like to bed her, she probably thinks you are now viewing her as more than a friend and that you fancy the pants off her. Which could explain why she might have backed off. Like Smackie said, you've crossed the friendship line and since making that remark....

Or, it could be that she's pissed and because since you made that remark, you have told her that you just see her a friend.....and she may secretly like you are more than a friend.

girls are complicated arent they tell me straight :d. so should i just ask her straight?

Quote Originally Posted by Happylad View Post
    girls are complicated arent they tell me straight :d. so should i just ask her straight?
    No more than you guys are

I'd ask her. It's the only way you will find out what is really going on.

So a quick chat with her and a spank on the ass and back friends again

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I always knew if a guy wanted more and I didn't use it to my advantage, nor did I ever keep him around to fulfil my ego. I'd cut him off and out of my life, as a young girl to presently. So not all of us are like that.

My sister (23) is different however, in that if she knows a guy likes her she will keep him around and use him and I tell her to stop doing it and because she is giving the guy the wrong impression and when she will ask favors of him, etc. For instance, there is a guy interested in her at the moment, but she says they are just friends, but he wants more. Rather than back off and to avoid giving him the wrong impression, she will call him and ask him to give her a lift home, or if he will borrow her money, etc, etc. I go mad with her when she does this, but she says he knows the score....that they are friends. Regardless and in my eyes, it's taking advantage of the fact she knows he likes her a lot.
    I think that explains why some girls kiss multiple guys because 'it doesn't mean anything to them'. They realize it makes the guy fall in love, and they can use their attention and take advantage of them.
    I'm starting to understand how it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    I think that explains why some girls kiss multiple guys because 'it doesn't mean anything to them'. They realize it makes the guy fall in love, and they can use their attention and take advantage of them.
    Well....these guys tend to fall for my sister and without her having to kiss them and she doesn't kiss them. Don't get me wrong....she doesn't intentionally lure them in and to use them for her own purpose. It just appears to me that she keeps them around and because if she wants a favor, there are guys she can go too and it appears to me as though she's using them.

The real trouble with my sister is, is that she is over friendly and really sweet natured. She will chat to anyone, from any walk of life - she has always been this way and from being a child. The trouble with her type, is that her over friendliness can be misinterpreted by guys and it is. They tend to think that because she gives them her attention and is nice to them and chats to them, that it means more. She is also very attractive - so of course, you get guys fall for her and guys who are willing to run around and to please her, hoping she will fall for them. But she sees them as friends and keeps them around as friends and if she's stuck for anything, she will call the guys who she knows like her and because they are more likely to want to give her a lift home, or fix her pc, or whatever. But half of the time these guys are offering to give her a lift home, etc.....

I tell her that in doing stuff like this, she is leading these guys on. But she doesn't see the harm in it and because she says that these guys know, they are just friends.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 27-01-11 at 09:36 PM.

The real trouble with my sister is, is that she is over friendly and really sweet natured. She will chat to anyone, from any walk of life - she has always been this way and from being a child. The trouble with her type, is that her over friendliness can be misinterpreted by guys and it is. They tend to think that because she gives them her attention and is nice to them and chats to them, that it means more. She is also very attractive - so of course, you get guys fall for her and guys who are willing to run around and to please her, hoping she will fall for them. But she sees them as friends and keeps them around as friends and if she's stuck for anything, she will call the guys who she knows like her and because they are more likely to want to give her a lift home, or fix her pc, or whatever. But half of the time these guys are offering to give her a lift home, etc.....
    that happens to me alot, too. I'm overly nice, and it tends to get me in trouble. I'll be talking to a guy just trying to be friendly or whatever, next thing you know they're trying to ask me to go out on dates and hang out one on one... and I'm sitting there like huh? A few years ago I used to do the same thing as your sister. I knew a guy would like me, and we'd be "friends", so we'd hang out and I gave off the wrong impression, just thinking we were friends when they were thinking more. Eventually it'd all blow up in my face because the guys would get pissed that nothing was happening between us and they'd say I was leading them on, so now I try to be more careful when talking to guys, making it clear where we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    I think men do that aswell, although if I know a girl fancies me I wont give her the wrong imipression I will limit contact with her ( I think only people with low self esteem lead their friends on). I have another friend that thinks im hot but wouldnt try it on with me or pursue me so i dont see anything wrong with a bit of casual flirting there!

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    that happens to me alot, too. I'm overly nice, and it tends to get me in trouble. I'll be talking to a guy just trying to be friendly or whatever, next thing you know they're trying to ask me to go out on dates and hang out one on one... and I'm sitting there like huh? A few years ago I used to do the same thing as your sister. I knew a guy would like me, and we'd be "friends", so we'd hang out and I gave off the wrong impression, just thinking we were friends when they were thinking more. Eventually it'd all blow up in my face because the guys would get pissed that nothing was happening between us and they'd say I was leading them on, so now I try to be more careful when talking to guys, making it clear where we stand.
    Yes, over friendliness can come across all wrong to guys and for the reason....they tend to read it as 'interested'. This is why I sometimes tell guys in these forums, that just because a female may be being friendly with you, doesn't mean she may want more...

I never, ever get too friendly with guys, particularly the ones I only see as friends. I always maintain a distance from guys I have no interest in....then there are no misunderstandings.

Same happens to my sis too. They eventually suss that they are going to get nothing more than 'friends' and they stop doing things for her. Which means that they were not being totally honest with her either, hence wanting to be a friend with the ulterior motive of wanting more.

eh well how will i aproach her tomororw

sorry its maybe cause im irish but we dont do anything for girls here were not gay!

Well....these guys tend to fall for my sister and without her having to kiss them and she doesn't kiss them. Don't get me wrong....she doesn't intentionally lure them in and to use them for her own purpose. It just appears to me that she keeps them around and because if she wants a favor, there are guys she can go too and it appears to me as though she's using them.
    2 of my friends have been in love with younger girls. Both guys are pretty insecure and have decided to be very friendly and make their move later on. 1 of the guys fell for her because she kissed him and he thought it meant something. He was deeply in love.
    Both guys have been very friendly, constantly giving their attention, texting and always being there. For 2 years.
    Then both admitted their true intentions, and both girls said " I'm sorry but I only like you as a friend " That is what the kisser said too, she does it every week because " it doesn't mean anything and I like it".
    I think it is a trick to get guys to fall in love.

Now the guy that got kissed, is not there for her anymore. She claims that she sees him as a best friend though and she is trying to "restore the friendship" by running after him. She also asked me to net tell him anything about her consistent cheating. Because then she would lose him.

Now my question is:
    Are girls really that dumb to think they have a friend in this case? Or do they just regret the fact that the guys are not giving their full attention anymore. I think that both guys have made their intentions clear since the beginning, and both girls have refused to answer for a very long time so that they could take advantage of the attention for 2 ****in years.

I used to think that both girls are naïve, not smart enough to realize that they aren't friends. Now I'm starting to think that both have always realized they weren't friends, but are desperately craving for their attention they've missed so much

Whereas any decent girl with good intentions would simply back off
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 29-01-11 at 04:26 PM.

ok first of all assuming that she is the average of 18 when entering college......she has gotten caught up with not having parents around being on her own and drinking herself into as men mens bedroom as possible if shes a friend shell come aroun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12