+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is my friend acting like this?

Why is my friend acting like this?

Im very good friends with a girl in college, i like her as a friend but we both jokingly flirt with each other even though she has a boyfriend ,her askin me for sexy pics ect. we were great friends until...

We were all on a night out with college and talking about which member of the class we would sleep with. I stupidly told the girl who is my best friend in college that out of the girls in the class I would sleep with her, I meant it as a compliment but it came out wrong. When we returned to college I thought she had forgotten about it untill she brought it up again, I told her I dont fancy her and wouldnt try it in with her and she laughed about it. The next day she called me for a chat and we were laughing away however lately shes been avoiding me and not talking as much. I told her I prefer her as a friend, why is she acting this way ?

She hasnt been in college a few days I miss her friendship

You shouldn't tell your friends that you'd like to shag them then.

I'd be off with you too, .....if I wouldn't want to shag you back, lol

Sorry I should say we were all asking each other who we would sleep with that night she replied sh would "do me too"

Well maybe she is avoiidng you incase she gets tempted to sleep with you - she does have a bf.

I don't know...if shes that good of a friend, ask her why shes avoiding you.

Well i hope thats not why shes aviding me if so thats pretty stupid i said i dont fancy her that way and woulndt try it on. i will if she comes back in. one of the girls tried to ring her but her phones off

It's that freinds zone thing. Girls are oblivious that guys secretly desire them in some way, that's a reason they want to be friends. But once it comes out that they want them or in this case "do" them, things become awkward because they now see you in a different light.

If her phone is off there could be a family emergency or BF troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It's that freinds zone thing. Girls are oblivious that guys secretly desire them in some way, that's a reason they want to be friends. But once it comes out that they want them or in this case "do" them, things become awkward because they now see you in a different light.
    I thought women always know when a friend has desires, but they ignore this so they can use their attention

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    But i geniunly dont fancy her I was just in a moment of lust or something, in fairness she asked what i think of her and the next week she brought it up again i explained i wouldnt try it on or anything and she then asks have i any sexy pics of me. she even called me the day after it was just in person she started acting weird

I dont fancy her, you guys must have known a guy/ girl that you found sexually attractive but didnt fancy?

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    I thought women always know when a friend has desires, but they ignore this so they can use their attention
    I always knew if a guy wanted more and I didn't use it to my advantage, nor did I ever keep him around to fulfil my ego. I'd cut him off and out of my life, as a young girl to presently. So not all of us are like that.

My sister (23) is different however, in that if she knows a guy likes her she will keep him around and use him and I tell her to stop doing it and because she is giving the guy the wrong impression and when she will ask favors of him, etc. For instance, there is a guy interested in her at the moment, but she says they are just friends, but he wants more. Rather than back off and to avoid giving him the wrong impression, she will call him and ask him to give her a lift home, or if he will borrow her money, etc, etc. I go mad with her when she does this, but she says he knows the score....that they are friends. Regardless and in my eyes, it's taking advantage of the fact she knows he likes her a lot.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 27-01-11 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happylad View Post
    I dont fancy her, you guys must have known a guy/ girl that you found sexually attractive but didnt fancy?
    Being sexually attracted means you do fancy them IMO.

If I find a guy sexually attractive, I'd probably like more than friends.

Men friends are the ones we don't find sexually/physically attractive.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 27-01-11 at 06:31 AM.

in fairness originally she kept asking me for sexy pics and i said no i also made clear i dont fancy her that way at least i thought i made it clear. i definatly see girls i think are attractive but wouldnt desire or pursue especially if they were my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Happylad View Post
    in fairness originally she kept asking me for sexy pics and i said no i also made clear i dont fancy her that way at least i thought i made it clear. i definatly see girls i think are attractive but wouldnt desire or pursue especially if they were my friends
    You talk of physical attraction here ^^^^^^

you guys must have known a guy/ girl that you found sexually attractive but didnt fancy?
    You were talking about sexual attraction here ^^^^^

There is a difference between physical attraction and sexual attraction..

I see lots of guys who I think are good looking, but I don't fancy them.

Then I see good looking guys I feel drawn too....it's a sexual attraction drawing me and these are the guys I'd like more with....
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 27-01-11 at 06:44 AM.

ah right well i meant shes good looking and thats it we were all using that expression that night . i wish i just said yea your hot/sexy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast