+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can men and woman go on holiday and share a room as friends???

Can men and woman go on holiday and share a room as friends???

I am really interested on guys opinion here.. and girls too! There is this man at work, who since Xmas i have had a couple of nights of erm passion with. Now, he has just come out of a mental relationships where his ex was an absolute bunny boiler. Anyway we have a set of mutual friends who are a couple together and shortly going on holiday. To cut a long story short my female friend of the couple suggested we both go along too... and so we are. As friends... he has paid for the holiday of which i will pay him back, I like him very much and i think he likes me too? but having literally just come out of this relationships he isnt ready for anything else at the moment which is understandable. What i dont understand is does he actually think we can go on holiday and share a room as friends and that NOTHING will happen in a combination of hot sun, half nakedness and unlimited cocktails?? in my mind i think its inevitable! Or maybe he thinks that we can do this as friends and even though the last two occasions we have gone out on a social we have ended up together! hmmm.

Ummmmmm he's a guy.....he is expecting sex duh.

It all depends on the person.

Example- one of my friends is best friends with a married man. She and he both know nothing will ever happen, and so does his wife.

Also, you say you ended up together after the last few times you were with him? Yeah. Something's going to happen on this holiday.

I genuinely don't believe that a man and a woman can share a hotel room platonically. And with your history with this man, I think you know that too. The question is, are you secretly hoping something will develop with this man? Be it casual, like you have now or something more long term?

He will use for sex, sure....but it doesn't sound as though a relationship will be forthcoming, else he'd already be in a relationship with you...
    He's taking what he can and with no strings attached.
    I don't buy the 'I'm not ready for a relationship' excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CS1977 View Post
    Can men and woman go on holiday and share a room as friends???
    Certainly. But there's a chance that it will be emotionally taxing to one of both parties.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Well, considering you guys already had some passionate nights, and considering the circumstances chances are high that something will happen.

However, it doesn't have to be like that.
    First ask yourself if it's such a bad thing if you have sex with him? If you don't want it as this point, ask yourself if you think he's respectable enough to not push you hard if you deny him.
    Also, be honest with him about it.

It's a good test regardless. If he is overly pushy about sex, you likely will never want a relationship with him. If he is ok with it and can spend a fun time with you without sex, he might be worth waiting for. (if that is your intention)

You'll be having sex. Just count on it.

It wont work. reason i say so is because 2 girls i was only friends with after only hanging out with them as friends and sharing a room 1 night, no sex no nothing now both got it bad for me. someone will get their emothions ups...now i gotta decide what to do with 2 people who were strickly friends who dont look at me like that anymore.

Sure, a man and woman who have no physical interest in each other can share a hotel room as friends. I have done it before. But that's not what's going on here. You guys like to have sex with each other. When he says "friends" he just means that even though you will have sex on this vacation, he will not owe you any of the courtesies or connections of a partner during or after. If you are OK with that, have fun. If not, don't share a room with this guy.

Can they?

Yes, I believe they can.

Will you with this guy? Probably not.
    Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I do not know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.