+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Still hurting? Hasnt it been long enough?

Still hurting? Hasnt it been long enough?

I broke up with my high school sweetheart after 7 months of dating about 2 months ago. Im still deeply hurting. I cant handle this. The first night we broke up I had almost no control, i almost ended my life. To this day I cant find peace of mind. Tonight I was walking around to get out of the house and I saw her with her friends smoking pot and drinking (two things i hate the most). My first response was downright scary. I lost all feeling of remorse. I hopes shes having fun, but I hope she realizes what she has done to me some day. My thoughts race of what to do with myself. I have never considered myself insane but this is making me question my sanity and self perseverance. I, need help. The tears roll. I cant do this.

it not the end the world hugh sweetheart really someday you will finds someone
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

After 2 months? :-O Does it happen very often?

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You need to calm down.
    I've had it in two of my relationships, the exact cause I don't know. The first time it was a disaster. The second time I recognized the feelings and went to get some medication at the doctor. Some anti-anxiety or anti-depressants for a few weeks might do wonders in helping you calm down and get a grip on yourself.

dude i feel the same way as you.... I wish i had advice for ya.. best thing i can say is you cant change the past.. you cant predict the future.. the only thing you can do is live in the PRESENT...
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 28-02-11 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NetherWorm View Post
    but I hope she realizes what she has done to me some day.
    She hasn't done anything to you, you are doing it to yourself!!

You can't hold her responsible for how you are choosing to handle your emotions

And I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but it's an important part of healing, you have to take the power back and take control of your feelings and not let them control you.

Well my story is a tad bit similar but I was hurt really badly by my ex. We stopped complete contact and it has been around 2.5 weeks thus far and the way we stopped contact wasn't at all civil because of what she did. I do miss the old her sometimes because it was a 3.5 year relationship but I don't miss the new her nor would i ever forgive her for what she done to me. The only way I reckon to get over it completely is to find someone else and start fresh with them but there are girls who wanna have fun and there are girls who are serious and speaking from experience and where I live the girls who are serious are just 1 in 100 if that comparing to the girls who wanna have fun. So its up to you but always remind yourself that your a great person and the right one will come around sooner or later and this is funny because I was reading my horoscope not long ago and it had something that said if your single then hang in there and things will have a complete turn around. Just be positive

They say that it takes half the time you are with someone to get over them. Just hang in there a little while longer and you should be ok. Try to stay busy and keep your mind occupied with other things until that happens.

i dont know e its been about half the time for me and im still as bad as i was
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 01-03-11 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    i dont know about half the time its been about the same time for me and im still as bad as i was
    How long were you together and how long have you been broken up?

Do you think the pain continues mainly due to that specific person? Or could it be loneliness or something else in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybeach7 View Post
    How long were you together and how long have you been broken up?

Do you think the pain continues mainly due to that specific person? Or could it be loneliness or something else in general?
    To be honest I think its due to not being with her.... she was perfect for me... and I was perfect for her... things were great until literally within a few hours she said she didnt feel it... her reasons were bad and I think made up but we havent really spoken and when we did I wasnt able to find out what the issue(s) were. I honestly believe she was my soul/is mate. but like Ive said before it doesnt matter what I think or feel..
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 01-03-11 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    her reasons were bad and I think made up but we havent really spoken and when we did I wasnt able to find out what the issue(s) were. I honestly believe she was my soul/is mate. but like Ive said before it doesnt matter what I think or feel..
    Sorry to hear that. Have you tried since then to find out what it is that went wrong? If she is a soul mate to you, she will realize it at some point. How long were the two of you together?

A great quote that has always helped me through tough times "everything will be ok in the end. if it's not ok, it's not the end".

Also, try and remember this daily - Nothing is ever lost, things just change.

You have to remember that in life people will come and go always. But, the times you spent together and the connection you have with all the people in your life will be with you forever. I know what it feels like when you think you have lost your soul mate, but a true soul mate will always find their way back to you and vice versa. You should focus your energy on something you are good at....writing...art...exercise...be with friends/family...anything. Really work on making yourself happy daily. Take one day at a time and before you know it you will be thinking of her even less. Time means nothing when trying to heal a broken heart. You have to take serious concious action on a daily basis...and I promise you will be ok!

Maple that is just excellent advice. I dont wish to hijack the thread becuase I just started my own but that applies to my situation so well.

As for the opening poster, I cant offer you more other than empathy. I too am going through heartbreaking pain, advice like Maple's is like gold.