+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do any ladies agree?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSld View Post
    girl68 seems to think, I am not a "roidmonkey" as she put it.
    You may not BE a roid monkey. You just look like one. Much the same as the blonde babe, who appears to be a dumb ditz. I'm only making a point that I'm judging you the same way you judge the barbie doll look alikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    nerdy you say.....is this nerdy enough:

Hmm, well according to this post, there's nothing but blank space... When I respond, I see that there is indeed a Facebook link but the content is unavailable, which makes me curiosity intensify. Help me Sonrisa, you're my only hope!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vertical_sky View Post
    Hmm, well according to this post, there's nothing but blank space... When I respond, I see that there is indeed a Facebook link but the content is unavailable, which makes me curiosity intensify. Help me Sonrisa, you're my only hope!
    ok, I changed it now lol
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Well I approve of the Batman underwear, but the majority of my reaction is ".... Whhhhhhhhy?"

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's an event: "The 7.46 mile (12 kilometer) race features world-class athletes in addition to costumed runners and 'fun-loving' folks out for a great day of running and walking"

if this is a serious thread that summary sucked. sorry. you have to shorten it. it sounds like you like to talk a lot about yourself. big turn off for girls. make it short, sweet, maybe a little sexified, maybe a little funny and you'll have yourself a nice add. shorten it by about 250 words.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I personally felt the write up was written by alanis morrisett.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_sky View Post
    I've just observed that guys on average are a lot more flippant about sending messages. I have SO many messages in my inbox from guys who write nothing except "Hey." That's it... just "hey." Or "Your cute." (Huge personal turn-off: being unable to differentiate between you're and your.) Even when I delete these messages without opening them up, it's still a time waster. Then there are the messages from guys who don't pass my filter... for instance, on OKCupid, they 1) live outside the area I specify 2) are older than what I stipulated I like and 3) are a 60% match with me on a good day. And yet they still message me! That says to me they don't actually like ME, they're just a message-sending machine to anything that says "female."

That said, if a guy's photo is off, his profile has to be pretty darn amazing for me to respond. When I say "off," I don't necessarily mean physical attractiveness.... I mean 1) he stands super far away from the camera 2) all of his photos are from bars and parties 3) his main photo or most of his photos are him with his arm around a gorgeous woman (even if she's your sister, crop her out.) 4) He's striking a "bro" stance/gesture.

Photos that will immediately enhance a guy's physical attractiveness: 1) Him with nieces or nephews (in my deep insecure moments, I was jealous of how my ex lavished so much attention and love on his niece, but DAMN if they weren't absolutely adorable together) 2) travel pictures 3) doing an interesting hobby 4) doing something nerdy/funny (I saw a guy's profile back in October where he was dressed as Darkwing Duck. I messaged him THAT INSTANT.)

A good photo is one that enhances your physical attractiveness by bringing out your personality.
    I get what you are saying. Personally, I can be very picky about the females that I message on there. As I have said before, yes a physical attraction gets my interest when I am the first to message a female but I ALWAYS read their info and on okcupid I read the questions they answered. If I do not like what they say about themselves, always have pics of them drinking, at clubs or hanging on other guys it does not matter how beautiful they may be, I will not waste my time. As far as my pictures, I don't bring a camera with me every where that I go. Not to mention when I am out having fun, I am doing just that. Not sitting there worrying about what kind of picture should I take to make myself look more attractive with the ladies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    if this is a serious thread that summary sucked. sorry. you have to shorten it. it sounds like you like to talk a lot about yourself. big turn off for girls. make it short, sweet, maybe a little sexified, maybe a little funny and you'll have yourself a nice add. shorten it by about 250 words.
    Yea, I have shortened it. I have said before and I will say again, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WRITE OR TALK ABOUT MYSELF in a manner that will catch someone's interest. I can show who I am better than writing about it, though the majority of females do not give me that chance. Oh well, it is their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    You may not BE a roid monkey. You just look like one. Much the same as the blonde babe, who appears to be a dumb ditz. I'm only making a point that I'm judging you the same way you judge the barbie doll look alikes.
    Girl68, something tells me that you really just like to gripe, moan and groan at people and give them a hard time. I get the feeling that you LOVE to argue and start problems. So from this moment on, I am ignoring anything you say ok, thanks. Oh and for anyone that say's I am unintelligent, talk to the psychologist I saw last month about my I.Q. score. Apparently, from what he told me earlier today, my IQ scores at a genius level. So would you please stop saying that I am unintelligent.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I Oh and for anyone that say's I am unintelligent, talk to the psychologist I saw last month about my I.Q. score. Apparently, from what he told me earlier today, my IQ scores at a genius level. So would you please stop saying that I am unintelligent.
    muhahahahahhahahhahahhaaaa

What about my picture gives off the impression that I am arrogant and self absorbed or that I had nothing going for me after high school? I chose the army because I wanted to challenge myself not to mention the fact I wanted to follow my fathers footsteps. Also, it looks great on law enforcement applications. But what kind of picture should I put as my main picture that would be more appealing?
    Okay the high school loser thing was completely bias on my part due to all moron male D students in my small town of 500 went into the army after getting drunk and partying all through high school so sorry about that. But I still stand by the self-absorbed attitude you give off in the image (not saying you ARE that way but thats how it looks at the pic), it is greatly attributed to your crossed arms, which denotes you're closing yourself off from people, Id probably guess because of your nice body you think you're better than everyone or youre trying to be macho. Because of this you would most likely attract women that are self absorbed and care about superficial things. A picture that would attract me would be of someone with a warm smile (even if theyre not 'good looking') denoting that they're generally a nice person and easy to talk to, or a pic of someone being completely silly in a non jackass kind of way which would denote that they're comfortable being themselves in public and having fun without being a drunk moron. Just uncrossing your body in that pic would have made a big difference and the kind of people youd like to talk to would not be as subconsciously put off by you. Thats just that pic of course, Im sure you dont use the same pic on every social site. Also I could be over-analyzing all of this, Ive been in psychology and graphic design so long I do that sometimes!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not the only one who judged you based on your pic. You just didn't like what I had to say.

Are you talking to me? Because I said that your grammar and description of your life situation might not show you to best advantage since you seem to be looking for an intelligent mate. I was not saying that you aren't intelligent, I don't even know you. But if you are defensive about your intelligence, that will make it hard to meet and attract smart women, also.

Be aware, too, that intelligent people are more rare than "average intelligence" people. That makes the numbers game of dating websites even more challenging. Because there just aren't as many people in your target audience. I will say that I know 5 genius-IQ people who have found success with dating websites, 2 female and 3 male.

Unknown, from following this thread, the way to talk to people, respond, and even from your original profile description, I get the feeling -I- wouldn't like you. You turn me off.

You've stressed in many cases, you work out cause you were the scrawny kid. I suspect you were picked on as well. End result, you're compensating for your -past-. You care about your size, it may be for you, but it's a compensation thing.
    You come across as such. I'm not being insulting, just honest.

Your 'confidence' doesn't feel right. It feels un-natural and forced. You're quick to challange anything that you percieve as.. unjust. You -look- like a roid monkey, and that offended you. That screams self confidence issues.

The I'm this, but not that, while sounding like a song, also speaks alot about how you compare yourself to others. This is also a self confidence thing. The IQ thing sets it off again.

End of the day, I suspect you come across as fairly unflexible when it comes to your personality. You probably don't respond well to opinions that counter yours.
    I can't say for sure, but I don't think you have many close friends (or any). And don't confuse friends for associates.

The simplest, and most honest thing I can tell you here isn't very nice.
    You come across as one of those smart, bullied kids in school, that over compensated for their self identified weakness's, and bascially turned into socially hostile people.
    You don't like to take bullshit from anyone, for any reason.

You mention a therapist, have you ever talked about issues with conflict resolution?
    Last edited by Regnent; 16-03-11 at 06:31 AM.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    Your 'confidence' doesn't feel right. It feels un-natural and forced. You're quick to challange anything that you percieve as.. unjust. You -look- like a roid monkey, and that offended you. That screams self confidence issues.
    If someone called me a "roid monkey", I'd punch them in the face.

But anyway, his avatar is so small, how can you make such harsh judgments based off of a thumbnail??
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 16-03-11 at 07:21 AM.

Believe it or not, I actually did not party in high school lol. The kids that did, I did not like. they were very stuck up. My freshman year in high school was great, never had a problem. Once I moved to Maine though and started school up there, that is when I started noticing the different groups (i.e. jocks, nerds, band geeks, rich kids, etc..). As far as getting beat up when I was younger, yes I did. It was not until I grew a spine and started fighting back. I want to become more muscular not for anyone else but for my own self confidence. Yes, I still do have some self confidence issues and because of all of the physical and verbal abuse from kids back in school, I have become very defensive. Oh, not that I am trying to argue; but I do have a lot of close friends. Only problem is most of them live back in Maine, the few who live here in Florida with me care more about smoking pot, drinking and playing video games.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast