+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any ladies agree?

Do any ladies agree?

All of these profile sites ask for a summary of yourself. I honestly find this funny because not everyone know's exactly how to sum themselves up in so many words. Not that writing these summaries really do much good to begin with because no one can truly know a person by reading a few paragraphs about them. Really, how do you expect to honestly know who a person is when they can easily write anything they want whether it be the truth or a complete lie. Many of the women I have talked to on here always complain about the men they meet because these guys turn out to be jerks.

In my opinion, it does not help when the majority of these women judge a guy based more off of his looks than anything else. For example, out of all of the females I have messaged on this site, less than 5% of them will actually message me back. Out of 125 women messaged only 6 or 7 have actually returned my message. I believe, this is all based on looks for the simple fact that more than half of these women have not even looked at my profile past the picture on my messages. Do not get me wrong, I am not a bad looking guy at all, personally I know I am pretty damn good looking. I am no Abercrombie & Fitch model but those guys are generally fake inside and out to begin with.

Now I am not saying that looks do not matter because yes, there has to be a physical attraction for a relationship to work but; here is the big kicker. As I stated before more emphasis is put into looks than anything else. But have any of you ladies stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, these pretty boy model types may look good on the outside but are rotten on the inside? By this, I mean they know they are incredibly good looking and women flock to them like flies on shit. So by knowing that they can have almost any woman they choose, they are more likely to cheat than your normal average looking guy or less average looking guy. So with this in mind, I wonder how many of you ladies are going to start judging by getting to know someone even if they might not be the most physically appealing. I can honestly bet, less than 15%, if that, will change their habits of choosing men.

Also, keep in mind that yes I do pick women based off of looks at first. I will not deny that at all. However the difference with me is that even if the woman is incredibly beautiful physically, if I do not like things about her such as smoking pot, to many pictures of her at a club drinking, stuff like that I will change my mind rather quickly. Simply for the fact that things like that do not appeal to me and going clubbing or tons of pics of the woman half naked tell me she is an attention seeker from whoever she can get it from. But do not think that I only go for the supermodel looking women because that is not true. If you read my other journal post you will understand more what I am looking in a woman physically and it is not perfect looks. A woman who looks more like a barbie doll may be beautiful on the outside but truly ugly on the inside and yes, I do talk to women that people will find less attractive UNLESS there is something about their personality I find on their about me or in their pics that I do not like. Just as I will with women that society as a whole generally finds attractive.

I dont ever really judge a man by his looks.
    I mean, yes obviously i find certain men attractive and some not.. But usually its not the hot ones i go for.. I LOVE funny. Funny guys do it for me.. And i will generally just go for a guy that i get along with. I cannot explain attraction.. but it is certainly not all looks.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSld View Post
    But have any of you ladies stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, these pretty boy model types may look good on the outside but are rotten on the inside?
    Really? You think this is a foreign concept to women and you're just now enlightening us all? Maybe, just maybe, you should stop thinking that women are too stupid to understand that good looks do not equal good personality.

So if you're convinced you're "pretty damn good looking" and you've only gotten 6 or 7 replies to the 125 messages you've sent, perhaps your messages aren't interesting enough to get a response? Why do you have to blame women for your failures?

As a guy, I don't agree. A pic might bump up the attention a notch, but I really do think women respond very well to the right verbal (or written) communication.

I've read mens and womens profiles on occasion, and honestly, many either strike me as bullshit, or desperate, or just horny.
    Mind you, I've never been all that great on the whole chasing women thing, but still. I think I read things fairly well, and many, many profiles just set off my bs alarm.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Really? You think this is a foreign concept to women and you're just now enlightening us all? Maybe, just maybe, you should stop thinking that women are too stupid to understand that good looks do not equal good personality.

So if you're convinced you're "pretty damn good looking" and you've only gotten 6 or 7 replies to the 125 messages you've sent, perhaps your messages aren't interesting enough to get a response? Why do you have to blame women for your failures?
    I could not agree with you more or put this any better myself..

Did he really think we already didnt know the lookers might be jerks?? lol that just made me laugh

It's a harsh fact of reality that looks attract and if someone doesn't appeal to our eye, then we have no interest in taking it further....that applies to both men and women.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what is 'attractive' to one person, may be downright 'repulsive' to another. People will 'always' go for what appeals to 'their' eye.

OP even claims to go for the good looking ones himself.....yet whinges when women may go for what physically appeal. He assumes that all women go for the 'Greek gods', that these men are more liable to cheat, are probably the ones who are 'rotten' inside, etc, etc....do I detect a hint of jealousy and because OP isn't having much success with the attractive women on these site and assumes his lack of success is down to all the Greek gods are snaring us????....lol

For a start OP, not all women are shallow enough and to TARGET the best looking men. We are full aware as to what kind of man we may be getting involved with and if we did!!
    Not all of us place total emphasis on looks or will remain with a guy based on his looks.

While looks attract, some of us do look beyond looks and if the rest of him, personality, traits, etc doesn't match up....yes, we will and do write them off.

What most women are looking for, is the 'whole' package. The 'whole' package being, a guy who physically appeals to our eye, but who also has everything we would want in a partner, someone we get along great with, who is on the same level, etc....

One thing I would say to OP is, on sites like this there is a lot of competition - you can't expect to be 'everyones' cup of tea and you won't be. If you can't take rejection....wtf are you on these sites anyway???

In the same way that you assume and tell us, not to aim for the greek gods......you quit aiming for the barbie dolls and give the 'average' woman who may appeal a chance. Then you might find you have more success....
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 14-03-11 at 09:27 PM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I won't change my habits becuase I choose based more than half on looks. Now do I want the abercrombie and fitch model? Hell no. But he most definaetly has to be very good looking to even have a shot. So when I was online, I'd have so many emails and stupid messages coming from all kinds of men (decent and not so decent bachelors). Given the number of messages, I would look at the picture and if it wasn't goodlooking I wouldn't even look at his profile to see wheather I wanted to get to know him. You might say that's sad and you could be right but that's my truth.

Looks are a factor, and should be. I chose my ex-husband and decided looks were a shallow criteria and shouldn't factor in. Well, the fact that I didn't find him attractive was a stressor to our marriage. I have made my peace with the fact that I want a guy who is smart and funny and classy AND sexy. I am not willing to settle on any of those criteria. And I don't really care if every other woman on the planet drools over a guy or not, I use my own criteria for attractiveness.

My ex's new wife made some comment about how attractive she thinks he is, and I had to work hard not to laugh. But I sort of wish I had left him for someone else in the first place, so we could both have been better matched for the 10 years we were married. She probably doesn't think my bf is sexy, either.

First off, do not call me OP...This was something I wrote quite a while back and since I recently joined this site I decided I would get peoples opinions. I did not post this for people to bitch so if that is what you are going to do then please move on.
    Don't call you OP? Do you know what OP means? Do you know where you are? This isn't your LiveJournal page, this is a discussion forum where you posted a thread in the ASK a Female section. Therefore, you are the Original Poster and people are free to discuss what you posted. You asked for opinions and you got them, now stop whining that people did not agree with what you wrote.

Yea don't call me OP, I have a name on here you can just call me Sld, thanks. As far as a rational discussion and opinions, many of what I read sounds like people are bitching and misjudging me thinking that I do go for Barbie Doll types. In fact I do not like those females. Maybe when I was in high school almost 10 years ago but I have since learned that females like that are not worth the time and effort. I don't care if someone does not agree with what I wrote, that is their prerogative. However I do not agree with someone bitching at me or saying I go for a type of woman, one of which I am sure I mentioned that I do not go for. I am just looking for rational discussions without someone getting their panties in a twist.

Well, OP, if you post offensive and condescending things, then expect people to get their "panties in a twist." Maybe you should lurk more so you can learn what kind of responses you'll typically get on this forum.

I cannot imagine why women aren't flocking to you, OP. You seem like such a charming and agreeable guy. Not at all argumentative or difficult to get along with. [/sarcasm]

My guess is that looks have nothing to do with it.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Yea don't call me OP, I have a name on here you can just call me Sld, thanks. As far as a rational discussion and opinions, many of what I read sounds like people are bitching and misjudging me thinking that I do go for Barbie Doll types. In fact I do not like those females. Maybe when I was in high school almost 10 years ago but I have since learned that females like that are not worth the time and effort. I don't care if someone does not agree with what I wrote, that is their prerogative. However I do not agree with someone bitching at me or saying I go for a type of woman, one of which I am sure I mentioned that I do not go for. I am just looking for rational discussions without someone getting their panties in a twist.
    You go for someone you're physically attracted to. The same goes for other people. Even if you liked fat ugly chicks that no other guy wants to touch, it's still the exact same as a guy that goes for hot big boobed blonde chicks.

First off, do not call me OP. Am I jealous of these guy's, maybe, maybe not but that is not your concern. This was something I wrote quite a while back and since I recently joined this site I decided I would get peoples opinions. I did not post this for people to bitch so if that is what you are going to do then please move on.

If you were to read the other post I made, you would find out that I DO NOT go for the barbie doll types. Personally I find them to be quite shallow, self centered, gold diggers and usually sluts. Women like that are more interested in having everyones attention than they are with having just one man's attention. I come to this conclusion from all of the females I have known over the years. As far as the women that I do go for, yes I do go for average looking women. My ex fiancée was not considered the most attractive girl from our school. My last girlfriend was not the most attractive nor was the girl before her. They were AVERAGE looking. Since you do not know what these girls that I go for or date look like, shut the **** up, thank you. I can't stand barbie doll types and many of my female friends are in fact AVERAGE looking women. I wrote that because many of the women I have met over the past 5 years or have tried to talk to scoff at me because I am not a model type. I live in Florida so I guess that could be part of it. Either way, point is I do not judge women solely on looks and many of the women I have met do. Especially girls that go to clubs. Last time I went to one, the girl laughed at me when I asked her to dance and about 5 minutes later some pretty boy asked her to dance and she did. Anyways I am not jealous or stressed over it like I used to be simply because I know I will find someone some day and when I have a good marriage and I am happy, many of these women will be sad and hating their marriage.

And that ^^^^ solves the riddle, of why women are NOT attracted.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

OP- If your little avatar there is yourself... then I would "judge" you in the same way you judge "barbies". Yes, I think you're a cocky arrogant ass. Nothing I could read in any profile online would change my mind.

And given your recent responses... umm I'm inclinded to that I am right. Hi Neo.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast