+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Do any ladies agree?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    If someone called me a "roid monkey", I'd punch them in the face.

But anyway, his avatar is so small, how can you make such harsh judgments based off of a thumbnail??
    Ah so hitting women is acceptable I see
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

If someone called me a "roid monkey", I'd punch them in the face.

But anyway, his avatar is so small, how can you make such harsh judgments based off of a thumbnail??
    Well, men view men differently than women. I have no doubt that a womens first impression to that picture might be roid monkey. You can't really tell if he's smiling, or even relaxed.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSld View Post
    Believe it or not, I actually did not party in high school lol. The kids that did, I did not like. they were very stuck up. My freshman year in high school was great, never had a problem. Once I moved to Maine though and started school up there, that is when I started noticing the different groups (i.e. jocks, nerds, band geeks, rich kids, etc..). As far as getting beat up when I was younger, yes I did. It was not until I grew a spine and started fighting back. I want to become more muscular not for anyone else but for my own self confidence. Yes, I still do have some self confidence issues and because of all of the physical and verbal abuse from kids back in school, I have become very defensive. Oh, not that I am trying to argue; but I do have a lot of close friends. Only problem is most of them live back in Maine, the few who live here in Florida with me care more about smoking pot, drinking and playing video games.
    There we go. That right there was a more natural response.

There's no excuses, or reasoning, just an explanation. I would say, just make efforts to tone down your defensiveness. It tends to rub wrong, and can be picked up in how you speak, hold yourself, and can even just give off a vibe.
    Green!

Oh, and I'm sure you know this, but that's all in the past. What exactly are you defending yourself against?
    Green!

I dunno, I guess it does not help that my friends down here like to pick on me still. They tend to gang up on me when we spar rather than one on one. I would say that is part of the reason I stay fairly defensive. Also, I guess I can kind of see why you might think I am defensive or what not in that picture. Lol, funny thing was I at the time I was talking to someone and someone surprised me by taking the picture. I think I only weighed around 140, maybe 150 in that picture. Kind of scrawny personally haha.

Well, I'm going to assume with training, and your workouts, that 1 on 1, it's not fair when you spar?

I don't think your picture is defensive, or even agressive, but I'm not a woman. I can just see how a woman -might- feel that way.
    Hell, my mother used to rag on me to uncross my arms all the time.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    Well, I'm going to assume with training, and your workouts, that 1 on 1, it's not fair when you spar?

I don't think your picture is defensive, or even agressive, but I'm not a woman. I can just see how a woman -might- feel that way.
    Hell, my mother used to rag on me to uncross my arms all the time.
    To be honest, most of these guys were more athletic than I was growing up. Before I started working out again a few years ago, they were stronger than I was. Since I moved back to Florida, started working out and taking mixed martial arts classes, it became a bit more fair if not a slight advantage on my part. Though still, 3 against one, especially when that one guy gets pinned from behind by two others, is still unfair while sparing. Also I agree, now that I think about it I could see why women might feel that way. My mother used to do the same when I would cross my arms in pictures.

Why don't you post the picture at a higher resolution?

Why don't you post the picture at a higher resolution?
    Haha, I am not very good at editing pictures.

To be honest, most of these guys were more athletic than I was growing up. Before I started working out again a few years ago, they were stronger than I was. Since I moved back to Florida, started working out and taking mixed martial arts classes, it became a bit more fair if not a slight advantage on my part. Though still, 3 against one, especially when that one guy gets pinned from behind by two others, is still unfair while sparing. Also I agree, now that I think about it I could see why women might feel that way. My mother used to do the same when I would cross my arms in pictures.
    Who gives a shit about the past. Is that the way it is now?

Yah, doesn't sound fair. I personally wouldn't spar with them. As you say, it's abusing the situation.
    Green!

I agree, now that I think about it I could see why women might feel that way. My mother used to do the same when I would cross my arms in pictures.
    Thank you! Its not a bad pic to post but if you're trying to attract woman specifically then you don't want to use a pic that would put them off in anyway. Mother is always right. I actually think you take criticism very well

Unless your moms a bitch about having kids
    Green!

Want to know what is funny though Regnent? Even when they would do that, I still managed to hold my own for the most part. But no my mom is not a bitch about having kids lol. She can be bitchy sometimes but she is Sicilian, in general they are known for bad attitudes. Actually, come to think of it my mother and father were both told they would never be able to have kids.

Thank you bloodtippedrose, I never meant to sound defensive in any of my replies; however I can see how everyone would see how I was.

Well, I was referring to my mom.

And I pointed out defensive, not as a problem in your posts, but simply that you seem to come across as such. It's not really a fault, but it could be one reason why you feel that women don't feel you're approachable.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    Well, I was referring to my mom.

And I pointed out defensive, not as a problem in your posts, but simply that you seem to come across as such. It's not really a fault, but it could be one reason why you feel that women don't feel you're approachable.
    Haha oh, ok. I agree, it is a possibility. I will just have to work on making some changes to my pictures and getting new ones. At this time, I do not have very many at all.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast