+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dealing with the past

Dealing with the past

Ok this is sort of similer to a post made earlier by someone else.

I started seeing a girl a few months back. Things a great in general and we get on brilliantly etc. We work in opposite offices and have done for a few years however didnt really start speaking until about a month before we started seeing each other.

When i got with her i was aware she had been seeing someone at work about a month maybe 2 before me. It wasnt a very long relationship but it soon turned out it was a friend of mine who works downstairs. We decided at first to keep our relationship quiet but unfortunatley on a social night out with my mates the guy downstairsbegan to tell me a few intimate details about him and my girlfriend. In his defence he didnt know i was seeing her and when i put him straight he was pretty good about it. Before anyone questions my judgement of getting with a mates 'ex' as such, truth is he was just after sex and thats why he was with her for a short period. In his opinion anyway.

Anyway i soon found out she had also been with a friend of mine who works in the same place about a year earlier, but that was just sex. Just to add to the complication he used to be with my sister (sounds like an episode of Eastenders i know).

Truth is i really like her but i cant avoid these 2 guys as we work in the same place. Just seeing them really annoys me. Will this feelign pass as its really starting to bug me.

Chris

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    been there done that. it will pass, but there will always be an unpleasant feel to it.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Sounds as though she's making the rounds.

Yeah why is she sleeping with all these men in the same area? Is it a pattern that she likes to sleep around, and then move on?

Bit more to it then that...

She broke up out of a long term relationship and both those were in the space of a year after she was single for quite sometime. To a point, apart from the first one it is understandable. I work in a very big place so the chances of her meeting someone at work was highly likely. She is also a single mum so no doubt after the birth of her child (the dad left after she fell pregant) she was feeling rather lonely. To be fair on her i trust her 100% despite that part. Ive never had a problem with a partners pasts before, but when its someone i know and i not only have to see them but talk to them on a regular basis it really dont feel good. I was hoping that it would pass and id get over it but 5 months on im still finding it difficult.

It would be petty to split up with her over something so stupid like that, especially as all other aspects of our relationship are great. I just wondered if anyone else had been in the same position and knew if the issues im having with it went away.