+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An opinion is needed

An opinion is needed

I'm 19. Here how it is, I have a friend (girl), I know her over two years now. When I first started talking with her it was more like finding a new friend even though I liked her from the beginning. But I don't just go straight there, I want to know a person before. Now a long time has already passed, we are good friends talking together a lot and so on. I didn't do anything before because she actually had a boyfriend and I was always missing confidence in myself. Lately I've been thinking about her even more, I say nice stuff to her more and more often and I'm waiting to see her reaction. But it seems that she understands that I care about her, but just as a good friend... Her relationship with her bf at the moment is unstable and could fall apart any moment and she also tells me about that a lot and she even tells me about the other guys that she's hanging out. Should I actually tell her how I feel and risk losing our friendship or just forget about her? I'd like to hear some opinions, maybe some one had similar experience.

Total friends zone dude. As soon as you tell her you have feels for her she will feel awkward and drift away.

It seems to me that she may only be looking for friendship from you. I would think that she would make it known if she wanted you.

Also, she is still in a relationship with a guy. Granted it's not going that well, but I wouldn't recommend making a move until that relationship is over. AND you dont want to be the rebound guy either. I would say that your timing sucks. Just wait it out see how it goes. But don't wait too long either!

I would say it's about in the hundreds.... posts of this same scenario. If she wanted you for more than a friend, she would have ditched that BF ages ago to go out with you. Girls can get emotionally attached without any feeling of sexual attraction. So the BF excuse doesn't apply to this situation. I have nothing but bad news for you. Girls usually use dudes like you who lack confidence, are eager to please, and give them gobs of attention for free with no sexual obligation...in other words they use you as their emotional tampon. Girls are usually oblivious to the fact a guy friend is there because they want them as a GF. A guy that lacks confidence, and hopes that the girl with get to know them better while being friends and then see how much of a "nice guy" they are they will fall for them eventually.....NOT! I have been in her shoes and as the story goes, a girl doesn't want a guy around that she doesn't have interest in that has fallen for her. I remember how it changed everything when the guy professed his wanting to go out with me. My feelings for the friendship dropped like a lead weight. As I tell guys like you, do not be friends with a girl you want to date. Grow some balls into that nut sack of yours and ask girls you find attractive out....and ya just like that. Have a 2 min conversation, and then ask them out. You may have to ask 100 girls out but at least one of them will say yes.

I know that I missed my best chance long time ago, this is the worst thing about it. And now I can probably just wait and see what happens, maybe try to forget about her...

I think that you should talk to her. Tell her how you feel because if you never tell her how you feel then she'll never know. Plus, if you dont talk to her you might miss out on a good thing due to self confidence problems. You always have to atleast try and if it dont work out with her then it just isnt meant to be. You should let her know exactly how you feel and how long you've felt this way about her. Im sure she'll understand why you didnt tell her sooner. Good luck hun, I hope everything works out for you
    ~ Loving My Honey Bunch ~

Waituntil the boyfriend is out of the picture, then tell her how you feel.