+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My looks turn girls off.

[QUOTE=josh44;697356]Hi,
    Well, I haven't had a girlfriend in 6 years now and I'm 20 and at University. There is just something about me that seems to turn women off. I've gone to bars and stuff, but the girls there never seem interested, even when I make the effort. Girls just don't really speak to me in class either. They make an effort with other boys, but I always give me the silent treatment. The opposite sex just don't seem to warm me.
    I've taken action on advice that's been given to me, such as being more confident and more outgoing. I've even gone for the more "larger" women who still turn me down. I've come to the conclusion that it's all down to my looks.
    I'm the one on the right in the brown..."

It's not your looks, it's how YOU FEEL about your looks. When a person is uncomfortable with themself in any way it affects the overall demeanor. You can dress up, but if you talk yourself down your body language will convey a contradictory message. Start telling yourself that you're awesome whether you believe it or not. I mean there has to be something you like about yourself, even if it's a single fingernail. Highlight your favorite features and traits , even moderately likeable ones will do to start. Eventually you'll agree with yourself about being awesome and will feel more comfortable in your own skin. You'll stop looking for external validation, and you won't care who likes your looks or any aspect of you. That in itself will boost your confidence, and confidence in general is attractive. It's not about comparing yourself to anyone else or being conceited, it's just being the best you that you can be and knowing there's only one you. You're young too so chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Yea, the triangle thing in the front looks weird. Still, I find it strange if that made more than a tiny bit of difference to anyone.
    You know, it's not really about the haircut, anyway. He has no luck with women and blames it on his looks, but won't do anything to change it (from what I can tell.) Lots of people suggested he try something different with his hair. It's an easy thing to change, and just little changes like that can make someone feel much more confident.

your face looks fine, but yeah maybe try to wear clothes suited for you age of 20, the jacket your wearing looks for older guys

You're average. Also, hanging with hot guys like the one next to you doesn't help much.

Edit : Aw, I'm sorry. It's just that I don't think it's great to have really good looking friends while you are so insecure with your looks. But it's apparently his brother, so mhm.
    Last edited by Cheriee; 23-04-11 at 07:32 AM.

Wow, Cheriee. Just plunge the knife in to his chest, why don'tcha.

I think, personally, you could be just as hot as the guy next to you if you.....did something different with the hair and clothes.
    I remember seeing pictures of you from other threads you have posted, on this exact same topic no less, and your wardrobe is just........it's like something my grandpa would wear. That suit is not working for you, especially when it's next to your friend's. I know you like the retro, sophisticated dignified look, but there are other ways you could achieve that air and still look like a fresh, hip, inspiring young man. And not a man whose approaching retirement.

Why won't you ask your friend in the picture to go shopping with you? Maybe he can give you some ideas and insight on what you could wear.

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Come on man, you have serious potential to look great! You probably don't come across as confident as you think you do. Also, are you needy? Do you tell girls about the sad parts of your life when you meet them, in hopes they feel sorry? If so, STOP.

Dood, just change your style. Looking at that pic reminds me of those "I'm a Mac" -- "And I'm a PC" commercials. For the record, you're the PC. That's easy enough to change though.

Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post
    Wow, Cheriee. Just plunge the knife in to his chest, why don'tcha.

I think, personally, you could be just as hot as the guy next to you if you.....did something different with the hair and clothes.
    I remember seeing pictures of you from other threads you have posted, on this exact same topic no less, and your wardrobe is just........it's like something my grandpa would wear. That suit is not working for you, especially when it's next to your friend's. I know you like the retro, sophisticated dignified look, but there are other ways you could achieve that air and still look like a fresh, hip, inspiring young man. And not a man whose approaching retirement.

Why won't you ask your friend in the picture to go shopping with you? Maybe he can give you some ideas and insight on what you could wear.
    Where do you see his pictures?

Just be confident and do things that improve your self-esteem. Be active and do things that keep you happy and healthy. Then the right person will come along. I don't know why you would want someone that is materialistic about someones looks anyway. Although I do understand that people are like that. Anyway, just relax.

can we see a picture of you with trendy jeans and a cool polo tee shirt...?
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

The guy next to me is my younger brother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12