+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Buying Flowers

Buying Flowers

Greetings,
    I am planning to buy flowers for my lady. I personally don't care for it, but I know she wants them and never gotten them as a gift before. Something about this whole process makes me think that women only want flowers as a gift because it shows how much crap a guy is willing to go through to get a smile.

Anyways what are some good flowers and meanings behind them? Please no roses and nothing too romantic, I am not touchy feely and I certainly do not think she is the one. Just something that says I enjoy having your company.

Thank you

Do you really enjoy spending time with this woman? It doesn't seem like it.

You'll get the best information about the meaning of flowers from a florist. If you WANT to give her flowers, I would talk to them. Sorry but it sounds to me you are doing this out of obligation not consideration.

Going through crap to buy a flower? Maybe try having a penis shoved down your throat for 20 minutes straight and see how that feels? :-P If you don't want to get her flowers, why bother? It's giving for the pleasure of giving. If she loved rocks, you could give her a rock. It doesn't matter what it is, it only matters that it would make her happy. Doesn't that give you any joy? anyways. The best flowers are the handpicked ones :-)

I agree with the posters here and at "imaginellthe" I literally laughed a good 5 minutes at your post.

Anyway you might want to ask her what her favorite kind are. If she doesn't have one my personal favorite are Daisies. They aren't super romantic but I love them because they are such happy flowers. You can't help but smile a little when you see them.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like daffodils. Why do the flowers have to have any special meaning? No one knows them anymore, anyway.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Wow what's up with all the negative reaction. Obviously I do enjoy the time, otherwise I won't be asking. I say it's a lot of "crap" to go through because I hate flower places, put me in a Menards or Home Depot and I'm at home, put me in a floral shop an I'm way out of my element. Thanks for the suggestion on the daisies. Happy is a feeling I want to induce.

Hey when you go to the store check out the pre-made mixed bouquets. There are a lot of spring-time happy color sets that are very cute this time of year If you get a bunch of mixed flowers you cant go wrong with color or breed. I love lilies.

Mixed flowers, excellent idea! Adds much more spice and variety. Thank you everyone for their input!