View Poll Results: does she still have feelings?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flowers to an ex?

Flowers to an ex?

Ladies,

I had a year-long, PASSIONATE relationship with my college sweetheart that ended 5 years ago on amicable terms. Basically, she was graduating and moving on to do big things in life and it would have been selfish for me to hold her back as we were moving in different directions. I have since had two girlfriends and many one-night stands, but I have never stopped loving her (I also think I told her before we left for good that id always love her). She has a new boyfriend and has been seeing him for like 3 or 4 years now. She is 26, I am 25.

We have since kept in touch only very sporadically (like once a year). It is usually me initiating the contact, with a fleeting txt saying "hi" or "merry christmas/happy birthday," however she always responds quickly and with an endearing tone. About 6 months ago, she "accidentally" txted me (no text in the txt, apparently just clicked send on a blank message, but still...). I asked her if she accidentally txted me and she replied "yea, sorry" and we exchanged some brief banter.

Just last week I had some very nice flowers sent to her office. There was no accompanying message and it didnt say who they were from. I just wanted to put a smile on her face and also didnt want her to realize I knew where she worked lest she think I was stalking her (im not). But just tonight I sent a text message saying happy 4th of July and couldnt help but ask if she'd received the flowers -- the selfish part of me needed to take credit for the deed -- and she responded with a happy "thank you, theyre beautiful, happy 4th."

My question to you ladies is, do you think she still has feelings for me? We had a very intense relationship and made some great memories that I know she remembers well. I know that she needs stability and Im not the best guy for that considering my personality and career in the military, and from the looks of the guy shes with (bland) and the amount of time shes been with him (a few years now) thats probably what shes getting...stability. But Im just curious as to whether sending her flowers was a good move. Do you think theres anything still there?

Ive never acted desperate, but im pretty sure she knows i still love her and always will. And even though we have both moved on, I hope that one day I can see her and have her again...even for just a night. Girls, what do you think?

Don't knock that all she may be getting is 'stability' because that is what most women are looking for....a man who is reliable and who can provide 'stability'. I know I would be looking for this type of guy anyway.

She obviously still thinks fondly of you, hence she still chats and accepts the flowers. Totally impossible and to know if she still has feelings for you, only she knows the answer to that question.

BTW, if I was in a relationship and an ex knew I was and he was sending me flowers, I'd know there was still feelings on his part and he was trying to win me back. Guys don't send flowers for the fun of it....we women aren't dumb.

Im just looking for educated guesses from female readers since you might have better insight than me, it may be impossible to know but humour me. And are women really just looking for stability? I know its important and all, but so are thrills. And as hard as it is to believe, I really did just send her flowers to put a smile on her face. Im not trying to win her back. I might consider it in the future when things have slowed down a bit and I have some money saved up. But I really dont care if she thinks im trying to win her back, either way. Im just curious as to whether she has feelings for me is all. So....yes/no?