+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He has a habit of not calling when he said he would!

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySam View Post
    I'm not a man but I can speak for them in this scenario. guys hate phone calls. to them, it's a waste of time. they prefer face to face.
    I spend hours on the phone with my wife. Sometimes just having her in my ear (bluetooth) when we're doing other things independently. Sometimes actively chatting. Generalizations are always wrong. Absolutes are almost always wrong, too.

sadie_genie Guest
    You have to learn to chill and stop being so reliant on him. Just because he is your boyfriend, doesn't mean he is your personal psychiatrist. If you need to rant about something and he isn't available, just call up your girlfriends. You have friends, right? If you are in need of a little male attention, call up your guyfriends. If you don't have many close guyfriends, make some.

First, take hold of yourself girl! Don't be insecure, thinking because you miss a couple calls once or twice a week that there's some other chick all up on your man, and he's being a bad boy. Are you good enough for him? Hell yes. Is that enough? Hell yes. Can you handle not hearing from him every waking moment, of every single day? You better be able to.

So his communication has slacked a little bit, life changes. People get busy, and every person balances it differently.

I'm big on 'Don't say you're going to do something, and then don't do it'; so I DO know where you're coming from here, but don't just get pissed and fly off the handle. He more than likely thinks things are okay, and if you come to him freaking out with this problem, it's going to be a large surprise to him.

Be calm. Say you'd rather he not say he's going to call and then not call, and if something comes up, if he could just take a couple seconds to say so, and get back with you later. Texting is a quick conversation invention kids.
    If you have to talk to this guy daily, you're going to have to make sure he knows that there are some times better than other times.

Don't be so negative lady, it's going to be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by a19drift View Post
    First, take hold of yourself girl! Don't be insecure, thinking because you miss a couple calls once or twice a week that there's some other chick all up on your man, and he's being a bad boy. Are you good enough for him? Hell yes. Is that enough? Hell yes. Can you handle not hearing from him every waking moment, of every single day? You better be able to.

So his communication has slacked a little bit, life changes. People get busy, and every person balances it differently.

I'm big on 'Don't say you're going to do something, and then don't do it'; so I DO know where you're coming from here, but don't just get pissed and fly off the handle. He more than likely thinks things are okay, and if you come to him freaking out with this problem, it's going to be a large surprise to him.

Be calm. Say you'd rather he not say he's going to call and then not call, and if something comes up, if he could just take a couple seconds to say so, and get back with you later. Texting is a quick conversation invention kids.
    If you have to talk to this guy daily, you're going to have to make sure he knows that there are some times better than other times.

Don't be so negative lady, it's going to be okay.
    At some point, you either trust or you don't Its the nature of modern society. We don't live in a village anymore; we are all strangers to one another. So, use your gut to figure out if your partner is with you or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12