+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Another woman

Another woman

My boyfriends ex from HS has recently popped up. She has not been around in over 10 years, and all of the sudden she has made plans with him twice in two weeks. I didn't say anything the first time, because they were old friends and just met for dinner, but now a week later, she is going to be in his town and wants to go out on Saturday night! I am not normally the jealous type, but this just seems odd. Am I over reacting? If I tell my boyfriend not to go, am I being insecure, or is this too much for friends? She knows me, knows we are a couple. OH, by the way, I live over 1000 miles away and can't be there to join them. HELP, please give me some advice...

IMO, I don't think you're overreacting. Perfectly natural reaction.

Unfortunately, I have no advice to offer about what you should do.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's 1000 miles away?

If he was planning to do something with her, or had interest in her - he wouldn't tell you.

I wouldn't act too paranoid, it'll just put ideas in his head. First: trust (unless you have good reason not to). It's quite normal that old friends would want to get together and catch up if they happen to find themselves in the same town (which as I gather is a temporary thing). You can ask him how it went and if he had fun in a casual way, but don't dwell on it too much. Even if tempted (cause let's face it, everyone at one time or another is), if a guy knows he has a cool, caring and confident girl waiting for him, then that's who he'll come home to.

I agree with unimare. At this point, unless your boyfriend has given you reason to doubt him, I don't see it as a major deal. Any jealousy and insecurity you are feeling is in your own head at this point. I wouldn't force him not to go out on Saturday unless you are ready for him to get into a fight with you.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!