+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are they worth getting back together with?

Are they worth getting back together with?

Here my brief situation; I meet a girl at uni we feel deeply in love; that has never happened to either of us before; we had a few issues in our relationship the major issues was one regarding the guy she got with when i first met her; now shes gone home for the summer; she broke up with me saying she loved me too much and that she need time and space and that we are both young and should not be this tied down we need to live life and if we are meant to be we will be in the future.

She says she still loves me and wants to marry me but wishes she meet me 10 yrs in the future after she lived life; Even thought she loved me more than anything in the world she broke it off with me when she went back home and it got a bit nasty e.g. calls text removing each other off facebook;

However each time we argued after this she'd mention when coming back to uni she might what to see where things go e.g. get back with me or have a sexual relationship etc. Then sometimes she sed she really didn't know; So i eventually changed me tune and turned around and sed no goodbye and good luck with your life am not waiting around and i dont want you back.

Her response was i never asked you to wait i want you to live your life and be free and if in the future we are meant to be then we are meant to be; I responded with no luck in the future with that goodbye.

Next day i get a phone call asking a favor; we then went on to speaking i stood my ground and still sed you'll never get me back which she tried to get it out of me i still want her back (mind games) i sed nope even though i kind of do i knew that if i sed yes i wouldn't get her back cos that'll just give her hope for when she comes back to uni.

However we are back to talking as friends now it's been just over a month since our break and i learnt that she has slept with the guy who i stated before caused us some issues she says she is single and she doesn't what a realationship with him. Obv i told her its heartbreaking and again this is the reason why i don't want her back;

I now think she still wants that chance in 2 months when we are back to uni to get back with me; but after she has slept with that guy after only been broke up with me for a month i think that is awful; However i don't know what to do? would i be able to get back with her knowing that (i know she's not cheated but still it hurts)?

what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by blmg911 View Post
    She says she still loves me and wants to marry me but wishes she meet me 10 yrs in the future after she lived life;
    Wouldn't you rather have a gf who wants to live her life WITH you instead of meeting you after she has lived her life?

Love & Light
    Kyeema

"I love you so much I want to live life and then marry you 10 years from now".

Wow. . .just wow. This girl just doesn't want to date you, and is more bent on playing games with you.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

We did date for like 6 months; Thats the thing she changed as a person when she went back home for summer. She sed she never wanted a realationship when she got to uni it just happens she fell in love with someone too much and realized that shes too young to love someone this much Everything has been such mixed emotions

Wouldn't you rather have a gf who wants to live her life WITH you instead of meeting you after she has lived her life?
    Well we did always talk about living life together and what we was going to do; I understand her need to live her life cos shes young and my family also tell me i shouldn't be tied down and i should be single and experience life before its too late but thats just their opinion i always believe i can experience life with or without a gf.

Who is stopping you and her from living life and experiencing life together??

From the little you wrote she seems very immature. Find yourself a better girl.

From the little you wrote she seems very immature
    I apologise for it been short but believe me if i was to mention the whole story the sever would crash; She is immature in the way she doesn't like to accept life as she has had a very secured up bringing by her parents its almost as if they wrapped her in bubble wrap.

I know its all killing her that she has done this; but she is very good at not listening to her emotions if her heart is saying you love him get back with him she has the will power to hide the feelings deep down. Its annoying

I know that in September she'll want me back if i tried but should i really try after all she has slept with the one guy i hated the most

You can't make her change. Only she herself can.

Do you want to be with somebody who decides to ignore her feelings? Why not let her grow up first?

I know that in September she'll want me back if i tried but should i really try after all she has slept with the one guy i hated the most
    That's something only you can decide for yourself... is she really worth it? Will it be an on-off thing then whenever she changes her mind?

Perhaps it's just not the right time for the two of you... obviously you want different things at the moment... you're so young... there are so many other girls out there... there is so much LIFE out there....

Don't waste your life and energy on someone who needs convincing to be with you... she herself has to find and live her feelings for you - unfortunately you can't make her do that!

Thank You Kyeema; I'm going to do this hopefully she will learn to grow up and they might be hope for us in the future; till then i'm going to live my life.