+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Back in touch with my Ex.....

Back in touch with my Ex.....

I posted on here a couple of months ago when I broke up with my ex. I finished it as I had some stuff from my previous relationship that I needed to work through, which I've done successfully with the help of counselling. Unfortunately I work for the same company as my ex but managed to completely avoid him for over 4 weeks and we had no contact for 5 weeks. However I saw him this week at work and it wasn't akward at all, and we even chatted and had a good laugh for a while. He then texted me to say that it was good to see me looking so fit and well and he put a x at the end of it. But I'm not reading anything into that as he was probably just being nice. I have realised now that I've got my head together that I still miss him and have feelings for him. I'm just not sure where to go from here. He's going down to London on Monday for an interview for a really big promotion at work and I'm tempted to turn up at the airport just to give him a lift home, nothing more. Part of me thinks well it's a pretty nice gesture and even if he told me to **** off I know I could handle it now. Or should I just e-mail him and ask if he wants to go for a quick drink sometime to catch up?

i would go for the subtle move of just asking to get drinks rather than randomly showing up at the airport, that way there's way less pressure on the both of you for anything to come of it, and if it does turn to something more then you can just go from there.

i agree with enchante,

Showing up at the airport without letting him know in advance to make sure he is OK with it, is rather intrusive and he could well think you are stalking him! ;-)
    A causal text asking whether he's got time for a pint at some point would be your best bet.