+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So my mum is pissed at my hubby

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'm with Raft. Its his house. He didn't invite your mom, YOU did. In fact, the error was yours. You should have had your conversation in another part of the house.

Your husband handled his frustration badly, no doubt. But do you even know what kind of day he had? He certainly sounds to me he was blowing off steam and trying to relax.

You need to apologize to your husband for the intrusion, ask him if he could please next time just say that you are disturbing him (rather than going in a huff). Explain to your mom he was tired and out of sorts. He's your partner after all, you do owe him some loyalty. If your mom chooses to hold a grudge over this then she has some issues.
    I completely agree! Thank you for seeing it from his and my POV. In my pathetic defence, I headed straight for the heater and didn't notice that it was something other than the usual Saturday arvo drivel on the TV.

He had actually done quite a chuck of housework for me while I was out so certainly deserved his rest.

Done and done on apologising and discussing.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    This is bad manners, period. If she is one of these women who thinks she is the next Emily Post, you might inform her there are etiquette rules for guests as well.
    Had to google Emily Post and she's not quite that bad, but she is a rule for her and a variety of rules for everyone else.

Mum is very hard to talk to. She is very self involved and it can be hard to reason with her. EG A few weeks back my brother posted a political post on FB. Mum commented. Some trashy thing the my bro knows laughed at her comment and mum and her got into a rather heated discussion, mum trying to be reasonable the trashy thing well talking like a trashy thing. Mum called and told me about the thread. I tried to diffuse the situation with a comment. Trashy thing called me ugly and said my wedding dress was the most hideous thing she'd ever seen. My brother jumped to the defence of mum and I. I called him that night he apologised. When I told mum my brother is sorry and how things had played out she got all shi*ty that she hadn't been given a personal apology and is still waiting for one. Mum won't tell my brother that, but fully expects me to inform him.

I am constantly mediating for my mother because she so frequently gets bent out of shape. The worst bit is I am fairly confident she is still sitting in her flat stewing about it.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Your mom is being overly sensitive if she lets that "ruin her experience" for the day. She needs to lighten up.
    She sounds like one of those people you have to walk on eggshells around, because they blame everyone else for how they feel.

I can also sympathize with your husband. Nothing is more annoying than when you're trying to enjoy a movie and other people walk around loudly talking without giving a damn.
    Last edited by Phoenix23; 14-08-11 at 10:33 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix23 View Post
    She sounds like one of those people you have to walk on eggshells around
    Ironically, that is exactly what I thought of her husband. Perhaps she married a male version of her mother?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hahahahaha Vashti. I may have. I usually don't have to walk on eggshells around him but I do around mum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123