+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Straight woman... same-sex crush?

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    [url=http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/attraction/hormones-learning-the-rules-of-attraction-1044079.html]Hormones: Learning the rules of attraction - Attraction, Love & Sex - The Independent[/url]

The first part says that it affects who we are.

It's the latest research to show the effects of hormones on mood and behaviour. Other hormones have been linked to depression, stress, anxiety, forgetfulness, social bonding, fatherhood, lying, generosity, romance and trust, as well as sexual relationships.
    Under the oestrogen section this was stated.
    "Oestradiol, one of the oestrogens, also helps women to be more attractive to men, according to a Harvard study."

For me, that would translate that there is more than one kind, and maybe that affects attraction. I know us guys have estrogens as well but not that much. Although I can't pinpoint exactly if that is the hormone that controls attraction
    Last edited by nerdy_guy; 15-09-11 at 03:57 PM.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

OP, it's normal, but not talked about much. Try to start her off with "I think I'm bi-curious. What about you?" Then try to steer the conversation to "Have you ever been attracted to a woman?" If she's open-minded, then try "What would you think if I was attracted to you?"

Nice, easy, gentle progression. Don't have any expectations, just gather information. She might have a crush on YOU!

Go for it. You are not hurting anyone, and it is not healthy to repress who you are.

Nerdy_Guy and others. This is not a discussion about which sexuality is "right", it is a question the OP had. Please take your discussion about "My god is better than yours because..." somewhere else.
    Last edited by bulrush; 15-09-11 at 10:38 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

To that sir who said there is no God it's her body she is free.Everything is governed by laws set by God to organise human life if we each of us try to gratify his/her lusts we will live in chaos and disorder.And we will look like animals in the bush who are only concerned about biological needs so who likes to become obsessed only by his/her lower body?

Quote Originally Posted by Anaruz omerghad View Post
    To that sir who said there is no God it's her body she is free.Everything is governed by laws set by God to organise human life if we each of us try to gratify his/her lusts we will live in chaos and disorder.
    oh jeez! I feel ill.
    If you carry old bricks from your past relationship to your new one,
    you will build the same house that fell apart before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Jeebus gonna getcha! AayyyyyyyyMEN!

Boards usually don't allow religious talk. What's going on here?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by Anaruz omerghad View Post
    To that sir who said there is no God it's her body she is free.Everything is governed by laws set by God to organise human life if we each of us try to gratify his/her lusts we will live in chaos and disorder.And we will look like animals in the bush who are only concerned about biological needs so who likes to become obsessed only by his/her lower body?
    What's wrong with animals in the bush? We did evolve from apes, so obviously we are going to share some characteristics of animals in the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    Oh, and that is why ALL husbands leave their wives because they like to play other people's ding dongs. What an amazing argument!

I couldn't help myself
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Jeebus gonna getcha! AayyyyyyyyMEN!

Boards usually don't allow religious talk. What's going on here?
    if you haven't noticed yet, any kind of talk is allowed and welcome here
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I checked the rules just before I posted my last message, and religious talk is specifically prohibited on these forums. Just sayin. I mention this because this post is drifting off topic with no value added.

From the sticky in this subforum:
    7) Religious and Political topics have no place on this forum. If you would like information or to ask someone's opinion on religious doctrine, feel free to ask. Debates, complaints, or flaming each other regarding religious ideals will be deleted or locked immediately. There are a thousand other forums out there where you can debate all you want. Loveforum will not be it.
    OP: I just talked to god himself about your question and he gave me the thumbs up. And I didn't even use any hallucinogens.
    Last edited by bulrush; 16-09-11 at 11:14 PM.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I checked the rules just before I posted my last message, and religious talk is specifically prohibited on these forums. Just sayin. I mention this because this post is drifting off topic with no value added.

From the sticky in this subforum:

OP: I just talked to god himself about your question and he gave me the thumbs up. And I didn't even use any hallucinogens.
    it depends on who's the admin at the time. the admins nowadays really don't care.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    it depends on who's the admin at the time. the admins nowadays really don't care.
    Can an admin update the rules, then? It would be nice to know what is and what isn't allowed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123