+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused and in desperate need of advice

Confused and in desperate need of advice

Bear with me... it's a semi-long story lol

So there's this girl who works for the same company as I do. We work at different locations in the city, but I've been interested in her for a while. In my eyes (and a lot of my coworkers eyes) she's gorgeous. Probably about 5'6, 120 pounds, long reddish brown hair, beautiful smile, great ballerina body. Just outstanding. My jaw hits the ground everytime I see her. But I digress...

Back in July I sent her a message via Facebook (yeah, yeah) asking her out. I explained my reasoning behind doing it on Facebook because we don't see each other often, I don't have her number and asking her out when she randomly calls the location at which I work is awkward and probably an abuse of the company communication system. She thought my message was funny, agreed with the points, told me that she'd "love to get to know me better," gave me her number and told me to text her. So I texted her a couple days later and we chatted. I tried to set up a time to go out but our schedules didn't match. Eventually we stopped texting for whatever reason and I sort of gave up.

Fast forward to like a month later. I had some issues with customers at her location and I had to take care of it one evening. I texted her to make sure I did everything right and she was all cheery. The next day she comes in to drop some paper work off. I was giggling at something on the computer and she says "well at least someone is laughing." I'm usually not to perceptive, but I assumed something was wrong and I asked her about her day. We got interrupted by a customer and she scurried off on home. I sent her a cheer up text and to my surprise I get 6 texts back of her pouring out her whole day, telling me how she cried before she left and so on. She apologized for burdening me with that info and I told her it wasn't a problem and if she needed to vent I was happy to listen. So I get a text back from her that says "We definitely need to hang out. As soon as I get everything situated with work and school you'll be the first to know." Well, my mind started doing cartwheels because I'd hurt myself if I tried to actually do one. My mind was screaming: "BACK IN THE GAME!!!"

So we had been texting quite a bit over the past few weeks. I was getting to know a lot about her and she's everything I've been looking for... sweet, smart, funny, attractive and very talented (artsy, theater girl). We set up a place to go to dinner but no date since things are hectic between work and class for both of us.

Last week I was texting her in class and ignoring a good portion of my Middle Eastern History lecture while doing so. I worked up the courage and asked her why someone as sweet, smart, funny, talented and attractive as her does not have a boyfriend. She said no one was interested. I told her she was crazy and we had some playful banter. I end up texting her "sorry about being blunt, but I'm definitely interested." Holy hell. It was like things went from fun to awkward with one press of the send button. She said: "lol you caught me off guard... I don't know how to react." I thought oh goodness what have I done? So we chatted a bit more, but eventually I had to drive into town (no texting while driving) and I had to go. I laid low on talking to her for a few days.

Fast forward to last Monday... we were chatting for a bit. Talked about our days. I told her how I got hit with a baseball and she found it amusing, but was happy I was alright (it was only the shoulder if you were wondering). I ended up apologizing for being so direct and that I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable. She said she appreciated the honesty and she's very direct as well but she's "still processing it." I really had no response other than "oh, ok." I haven't talked to her since Monday.

Still processing it? What am I supposed to determine from that response? I feel like I ****ed up pretty good and am feeling rather negative about the whole situation. My best buddy thinks she's completely not interested. A few of my friends said since she claims that not a lot of guys are interested in her, she may be coming to terms with a guy being interested in her. Another one said she's just sorting through her feelings.

I honestly don't know what to think. I can't get a read on her like I do with most other people. I sort of agree with my friends opinions (minus my best friend's). However I wonder if "still processing it" means "I'm not sure what to make of you, yet." In other words am I actually a good guy (yes) and not a player (def not). The only thing I sense from her without even having talked about past relationships is that she's probably been through a few bad ones and has been hurt. Just a vibe I get for some odd reason.

So people... if you made it through this, thank you for reading, may the deity of your choice bless you, but I beg you to please help me out. I'm at a loss. I just got out of a bad relationship almost a year ago and she's been the most promising girl I've seen since. Definitely one I could spend hours talking to and hanging out. Every other girl I've met since November hasn't been worth talking to after the first date.

She obviously seems interested (agreeing to dinner, wanting to get to know me, telling me we should hang out, etc), but I just don't know what to think... stumped.

I think you should stop being that a nice guy to her. If she is as beautiful and as good as you say about everything, imagine how many people aproach her with the same attitude as yours.

But maybe she likes you just as a friend, and she doesn't want to say NO to your "offer" because that would mean she wouldn't have someone's shoulder to cry on.
    Get it?

You need to stop contacting her, and start hanging out with other women and make sure she finds out about this. Chances are, she will die to not be with you at that point.

I don't know about that last part. I'm not big on the making a girl jealous thing. First, I think it's very high school and immature. Second, if you're hanging out with another girl just to make a girl you like jealous that's kind of leading the other girl on and giving her a false sense of hope. And finally, it can backfire big time. She could very well say "he's obviously lost interest in me, so f*ck him I'm not bothering with him."

She was interested in me enough before I offered to let her vent to me. If she's changed her mind and isn't interested, I'd like to know so I can get on with my life. I can't read her intentions with the "I'm still processing it" quote. Maybe some people here have a better idea than me.

You have made it clear you are interested and she now knows that
    Did you guys spend any time actually talking on the phone rather than texting? This is not a very good strategy as it can get you in the dreaded 'friend zone' and once you are there...well you know the rest! It is possible see started seeing you as a friend and when you said you were interested she was shocked and didn't want to say she wasn't because she didn't want to lose a friend.

You have two choices: a)either stop contacting her and wait it out to see if she will contact you about meeting up orb) call her (don't text her!) one last time and ask her out to dinner;if she says yes, chances are she is interested.If she starts coming up with excuses and tells you she is still processing etc then you know you are n the friend zone and you need to stop contacting her because nothing is going to happen...