+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice on confusing new relationship

Need advice on confusing new relationship

Hello everyone,

I need some male advice, obviously. I'm 25 and after about 3 or so weeks of knowing each other, a work colleague of mine starts sending me texts about he thinks I'm great and he can't stop thinking about me. However, he also writes he doesn't know what's going on with him, that he doesn't wanna bug me. I can't help but feel insecure myself due to his insecurity. I never really considered him a possible boyfriend (I'm not really looking for anyone right now and work people make it even more complicated) and so now I will see him again in 2 days and don't know what the hell I'm going to do. Any good advice guys????

Much appreciated
    H

This dude sounds like a total douch who has never had his hole or seen a woman naked. Going all gooeyeyed after knowing you for 3 weeks. tread carefully if i was you, But im not you, so do what you want, just see the warning signs. Too much too soon is nevr a good thing unless youre real pretty in which case, weve all made twats of ourselves for a pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by theheiress View Post
    Hello everyone,

I need some male advice, obviously. I'm 25 and after about 3 or so weeks of knowing each other, a work colleague of mine starts sending me texts about he thinks I'm great and he can't stop thinking about me. However, he also writes he doesn't know what's going on with him, that he doesn't wanna bug me. I can't help but feel insecure myself due to his insecurity. I never really considered him a possible boyfriend (I'm not really looking for anyone right now and work people make it even more complicated) and so now I will see him again in 2 days and don't know what the hell I'm going to do. Any good advice guys????

Much appreciated
    H
    What are you saying here? That out of the blue he emails you and tells you all this like some obsessed stalker fanatic after only meeting you and just interacting at work or, have you actually been dating and now he is confessing his feelings after actually dating and seeing each other outside of work? (Whack either way, but one is way more whack then the other)

Keep your Human Resources extention number handy in case of emergency.

BTW: If you're not looking for a relationship and you think dating work collegues is inappropriate then why'd you agree to doing anything with him? (if in fact you are actually seeing him?) O.o
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

my main question for you is why are you interested in him at all? name one thing about him that actually attracts you to him. (him telling you great things about you doesn't count, that's something that is attracting him to you)

@ mwahahaha: LOL, thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure that he's not douche, but again thanks for ringing out the warning bells.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    What are you saying here? That out of the blue he emails you and tells you all this like some obsessed stalker fanatic after only meeting you and just interacting at work or, have you actually been dating and now he is confessing his feelings after actually dating and seeing each other outside of work? (Whack either way, but one is way more whack then the other)

Keep your Human Resources extention number handy in case of emergency.

BTW: If you're not looking for a relationship and you think dating work collegues is inappropriate then why'd you agree to doing anything with him? (if in fact you are actually seeing him?) O.o
    1.) Thanks for replying!
    2.) No, I'm not already dating him, otherwise I wouldn't have asked for advice. (and yes I know he seems overly eager)
    3.)The place where we work is just small, so we're around each other almost everyday and get along okay.(also no hr dept.)
    I loved your reply, actually it cheers me up rather than freak me out, so thanks again for that!

I have some sympathy for the guy as I know very quickly if I like someone and generally do everything in my life super fast.

I've noticed 3 1/2 weeks is about when I realise if I'm attracted to them or not (that's if I'm seeing and chatting to them every day).

Also, when you work all day every day with someone you get to know them much faster than meeting up twice a week for a few hours. The getting-to-know-you stage is just speeded up.
    I'd never write I can't stop thinking about you though ... it's a bit creepy ... I would be writing something jokey and not personal ... but maybe he's inexperienced ... I've written some really cringeworthy stuff in the heat of the moment and thought later OMG what have I done?

Do you like him? That's the crucial question ...