+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusing Relationship

Fel is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Confusing Relationship

Hey Everyone,

So I met this girl my junior year of college (she was in all my classes since we were the same major). We were friends for a while, but somewhere along the line I started to acquire feelings for her. I told her how I felt, and it seemed like everything was great for a while until the summer came along. She is probably the worst when it comes to communication when school is out of session. If I call her, she almost never picks up since she's "busy" and what not, although she does end up calling/texting back later. It was as if her interest in me relied on my interest in her (I had to basically do everything for the relationship to be alive). I still have feelings for this girl, and she claims to reciprocate the same feelings. All advice is appreciated.

Do you guys not live near each other. Did she go home for the summer and you're no longer able to actually be in each others company?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If she were truly interested in maintaining contact, she would have. There's really no use for you to be trailing after her like a puppy. I think you should focus on something besides her.

The reality is that she's probably telling you what you want to hear because she doesn't want to hurt you. She obviously does care for you, though. I'm sure you will eventually get this conversation from her.

She does NOT love you. She does NOT share the same feelings and you should STOP thinking about her, ASAP. Women are usually quite emotional and insecure when they're apart from their loved-ones. If she's not calling you, nor doing anything for the relationship, worse will eventually come to worse. Suck it up and move on.

Users Country Flag
    We live about 40 min. away from each other when at home. Yes, we both went home for the summer and it's different from the semester relationship since we don't get to see each other everyday.

I think she has a boyfriend at home and you are a nice distraction during the school year. 40 Mins away is nothing and if she really cared she would be answering you and making arrangements to be with you. Fk her and the horse she rode away on. Don't have anything to do with her when you get back to school either. Shes a user and a fair weather friend with benefits. Sorry but that's the way it appears.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Users Country Flag
    No, I'm absolutely certain that she doesn't have a boyfriend nor has she ever had one.

.... and it would appear that she still doesn't want one.

move on shes wasting your time! read my post and see where i took something like your story on the long road!