+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any advice? Big mouth/no action hero

Quote Originally Posted by GirlOne View Post
    I tend to agree: They have to chase you. Also, who needs the game-playing? The other thing is that everyone is different how they get over exes. How long will he take? months? years? ever? Do you really want to be hanging around that long wasting that time? or even sleeping with a guy who is imagining it's his ex underneath him?

I myself understand really understand guys who play hard to get, as that is a major weakness of mine.

But manipulative guys? No way. Value yourself higher. Why enter that boxing ring with no gloves, you will just end up so emotionally damaged that any nice guy in the future will just walk away as your being damaged goods ...
    I'll do my best. I know I'm giving him way too much power here. Just wish he'd leave me alone for a lousy 3/4 days. By then the whole playing games 'rehab' will have sinked in and I'd be less of a sucker then I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    He's just a mind fkr and they are THE worst type of guy to get yourself involved with. Rehab yourself from him by going ZERO contact, block and delete him from all social networking sites, email, MSN, Skype and cell phone. You deserve better than someone who psychologically screws your head (and ignores you every other way). This is going No Where, as you know so take the steps that will cleanse this guy from your system. You can quit smoking if you keep having a cigarette.
    Love the quote! I'll do my absolute best to ignore/block him in any way I can. Thinking back of the time when I quite smoking, it's not gonna be pretty.

Forget all of the above. I've listened, I went to the gym and worked out for over 1,5 hours (apparently physical pain clears my head) to get all of the drama out of my system, and took all of your advice to heart. Over it. Ignoring/blocking him and moving on. Took a while, but it hit me. I DO deserve better then this, and even if I don't I sure as hell don't deserve this mental crap. No one deserves or should have the power to break my spirit. And, that's what he's done and been doing. Thanks guys!! Needed to hear all of it (again and again...sorry about that), but it sunk in and f*ck him. Might miss out on someone who's worth fighting for if I don't end this, whatever it was.

A hardy "You go girl" your way

BTW: That quote was meant to say you "can't" quit smoking if you keep having a cigarette".. glad you knew what I actually meant.

P.S. He'll be back. Mind fkers are'nt happy unless they're schtupping grey matter on a regular basis so don't think he's changed at all when he does somehow get through to your blocking attempts. Unless his missive reads "be my committed/exclusive girlfriend" you will just be in for more of the same if you ALLOW him to do it.

The gym is an awesome place to reflect and get answers while losing and toning at the same time. .. good stuff.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

[QUOTE=Wakeup;766803]A hardy "You go girl" your way

P.S. He'll be back. Mind fkers are'nt happy unless they're schtupping grey matter on a regular basis so don't think he's changed at all when he does somehow get through to your blocking attempts. Unless his missive reads "be my committed/exclusive girlfriend" you will just be in for more of the same if you ALLOW him to do it.

Thnx! I know he'll probably be back. Haven't heard from him yet, but we've been there before. I seem to be on his radar off and on. Me not responding, ignoring him will trigger him. I'm pretty sure he's waiting for me to text him or contact him at this point. To have the upperhand. But the gym always definitely did the trick. It hit me that he thinks he's awesome, but actually he's pretty weak. If you can't talk the talk then don't walk the walk. Feeling a lot happier now. I know he won't change. He's been like this for almost a year now (even before I was even slightly interested and saw him as just a friend). He needs attention. I figured out I need someone who's grown up. If you need attention that much, you must be extremely insecure. So, thanks again Wakeup. You're awesome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12