+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok did I do the right thing?

You know she's an idiot and is just trying to make drama because when she does you've usually given her some kind of attention... even negative attention is something to an attention whore.

Ignore her and don't feed her illness. Why didn't you tell her you'd okay the letter when you picked up your son on the date you wanted him? Is she going to let you have him?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I have been in a similar place, first off Vashti, he is not the one forcing her to drive without insurance, she is a adult and responsible for her decisions. As to the original poster, there is a time and place to dig in your feet, are you sure this is it? If so, then maybe the police need to be informed of her driving habits. My ex just did the same abusive shit to me a month ago(actually my reason for joining this forum) and even though I let it go, she was warned, next time I will get police involved.

Wakeup - even after I told her I okayed the letter she said forget it, she's gone a different route. I said ok. She is NOT allowing me to take my son a day early because she is being a really not-so-nice person and forcing our agreement. To make matters worse, she kept on referncing this alleged gf, told me to stop emailing her and buy my gf some flowers and take her out for dinner. She emailed me! ALl this talk about my invisible girlfriend, I really have no idea why shes saying this or where its coming from.

Funny thing is, she only starts these emails when her bf is at work (he works nights). Monday through thursday, after 630 pm (when he leaves for work) she starts emailing me. I could set my watch by it. Just last Thursday she asked me about a park that my son and I go to, I told her and asked why, apparently my son likes to see, via google earth I guess, all the places we go. I would have beleived that but she added at the end of the email "oh its for him, not me. I dont care what you do". Totally unwarranted. The more I think about it, she really is seeking attention, good or bad, and she is not allowing me to see my son a day earlier because she is hurt that he speaks about everything we do to her. And I bet it drives her, and him, nuts.

I am really surprised at myself for wasting my and all yours time by writing this but I have to get it out! Blah!

There is no sense you or any of us trying to figure out her immaturity, vengfulness and attempts at emotional abuse. Go on back to ignoring her unless it has something to do with your son. Hard to do at first but as time goes on and you learn to value yourself, automatically brushing off the ramblings of the psychologically fkd, the purposely rude or the chronical attempts at bullying just comes naturally.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I agree, there is no sense in trying to figure out the mentally ill. But I do question her motives and intentions. Late last night I receive an email from her, with an email attatched I had sent her in FEB 2008 (!), in her new email she said "Ahhh, the good old days! Just sending this as a friendly renminder to enjoy your life the way it is now! I keep telling you that you are better off without me!" wherein the email from 2008, from me to her, basically said I wasnt happy with her and although I love her, I am having trouble dealing with her antics".

30 minutes later another email saying she apologizes, she shouldnt have sent it, she was just going through some old emails. I have no interest in reconciling with her, at all. But she just wont leave me alone telling me my life is better now and she would just ruin it. I agree with her! But why keep tellng/reminding me of this? I know this already!

I didnt respond. What do you guys think?

Don't respond, she is sounding all sorts of crazy. She obviously has some issues with you still, move forward and consider a restraining order.

But I do question her motives and intentions.
    If you were to ask her why she does what she does to/with you she'd likely not have an answer. She sounds incapable of being logical and is motivated by what mood she happens to be swinging in at the moment. Don't try to figure out the irrational. Even as far back as 2008 she showed you who she was. It's been a long time of suffering she's put you through, Todd. Time to end the cycle and stop wondering about anything she does at this point.

Read the email to make sure it's not about your son and his well-being and then forget the rest. Eventually you'll handle her crap like a duck handles water. Smoothly and without thought.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 10-11-11 at 10:44 PM.

You're both childish as hell.

All she needed was a letter, and you refused? Why? Because you didn't "owe" her anything, and because she hurt you? Yeah. Good one. She hurts you, and you hurt her back.

Then she hurts you back. Where's it end?

Was it right of her to throw your son into it? Of course not. But you had a child with a crazy person, you should probably get used to it.

Oh yeah, and the vitriol was yet another way to hurt you back for hurting her. Go on, keep perpetuating the cycle, it gets more fun, especially when your kids learn it and pass it on in their relationships.

Trust me on this one, I've been down the road.

I know, i know, I made a mistake in not giving her the letter when she asked for it. It was childish and I am trying to be the better person here but keep on allowing myself to get dragged in to her BS.

Maybe its time to speak to a counselor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12