+ Follow This Topic

Thread: husband brought a $ 60.000 aus buisness... not happy

sav is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

husband brought a $ 60.000 aus buisness... not happy

well hi .. i have a drama my husband has signed up and put a 2o k deposit on a gardening /handy man buisness which im concrened it wont bring the money in and we will have a mortgage that we cant afford plus this buisness we will have to pay off. he knows how i feel , his mum lent him the money 4 the deposit and in a yr time we will have to get a loan to pay buisness back.

my concerns are we haent had a proper in come in 3 wks and it xmas and we have a holiday booked and paid for with no income coming in.

im mad cause he thinks this will be the only way out of our debt , but i cant see thia\s im worried it wont bring the money in and we will loose our house that weve fought so hard for. i think its a crazy step , when we already struggiling .

what do i do im so angry and annoyed .. when his so calm and excited ..about this new buisness..

tip we did talk but i never gave him proper answer about it as it all happened way to quick,,
    can people divorce over this if it goes all wrong ...

Yes this is the type of thing that people divorce over. Money is one of the 3 marriage killers.

If you both have been having trouble getting and / or keeping work he probably see's the being his own boss thing as a source of security. He also is likely to take any criticism of the business as a "I don't think you can do it" kind of statement and that's just going to make him defensive and stubborn.

It's a scary boat to be in. Business loan, mortgage and having to actually get the business off the ground. Rather than be pessimistic about this, maybe do what you can to ensure it will work for him. (where in aus are you by the way?) Vista Print do very cheap business cards and flyers and you can always just go drop them in letter boxes. Local papers often do very cheap advertising too. if you are with the company I am assuming (Jims) they also are very good for general advertising.

I have a friend that was a qualified chef bringing home around $1500 a week. He got jack of the hours and bought himself a Jims Mowing franchise. He has never looked back (he is in the Canberra region). The money is good and the hours are excellent for him.

Please stay positive and best of luck.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I personally would not stay married to a man who put me $60,000 in debt without my consent. He sounds extremely financially irresponsible, and his mother shouldn't have loaned him the money without your consent.

I'm afraid my crystal ball doesn't see a good future for you, but I hope I am wrong.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

sav is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    thats right he didnt really have my consent i was sitting on the fence so to speak . there wasnt much time as this guy who was selling had to go and sell it straight away . so it was no time for me to give it thought , i wasnt happy about the idea at all . i think its crazy he says its the only way to get us out of debt , now we face the prob that people arent paying . like there suppose to .. so the moneys all over the place . i cant help feel this is all between him and his mum .. just another thing for her to control him/us over ,, they have helped with our house by using there house as colateral.. now this is just something else for her to control us over ,, i cant believe it ... im so angry and i dont think he gets me although he says he does ..