+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Time to Move On........

Time to Move On........

I've been seeing a guy off and on for a year... ok, it's more of a booty call, but not... He comes over after work late at night, but he always stays until the next afternoon, we have great conversation, watch movies, snuggle, etc. He's a few years younger than me (I'm in my 30's) he's in his late 20's. He still lives at home, does work, but doesn't possess a lot of ambition. His friends and drinking are his thing... It's all been ok with me because I've enjoyed getting to know him and spending time with him.

We usually see each other two-three times a week and I saw him about two weeks ago came over and I even gave him a Christmas present. I am like that, I like doing nice things for others... We had fun and then everything kind of changed and I haven't heard from him since. Ok, I take that back, I briefly had a text session this last week while he was drinking. Since then I've sent him a couple of text messages just telling him to have a good day and stuff, but it's like he died and there's been no response. I don't want to ask "what's wrong", "what did I do" because that annoys guys and I don't think I've done anything.

I guess I just need to know from a neutral third party that it's time for me to move on and just let him go?! Although I would like to find out what happened, I know that it's probably best to just quit texting and move on... right?! Is there any reason for me to believe I'll hear from him again???

Seems the Xmas present probably freaked him out.. made him think it was a 'real' relationship, even if that wasn't your intention.

I would move on but I'd probably send a short message saying it's pretty rude to just not answer someone, regardless if you want to see them again or not. He sound a bit immature to be honest.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Yep, I think Pisces25 nailed it.

You *are* simply a booty call to him, and the Christmas present made him leery.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

he isn't your boyfriend....you are simply his booty call. If he is spending the night in some other girl's bed, he will certainly not be texting you. It's the holidays...lotsa drinking and christmas parties going on...therefore lotsa sex for the singles.

I think you're more invested in him then he's invested in you, OP. He's showing you in actions that you shouldn't be considering this as being more than it is. That's what his actions are saying anyway.

You might want to read this for future booty call reference/consideration and heart preservation.

[url]http://hikers.net/boneyard/bootycall.html[/url]
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks... I think Pices25 is right.... It's time to cut him loose and move on to a real man! =)

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusedmess View Post
    Thanks... I think Pices25 is right.... It's time to cut him loose and move on to a real man! =)
    How is this guy not a real man, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    How is this guy not a real man, exactly?
    Regardless if this guy is a "real man" or not, he lacks ambition, and you are just a booty call to him. Sounds like he's not ready for a fully invested relationship that includes emotions also.

OP, if you are ready for more, than it's time for you to move on.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Regardless if this guy is a "real man" or not, he lacks ambition, and you are just a booty call to him. Sounds like he's not ready for a fully invested relationship that includes emotions also.

OP, if you are ready for more, than it's time for you to move on.
    You hit the nail on the head. He's never had a serious relationship or a long term one for that matter. We are just in different places in our lives and he's definitely not ready for a fully invested relationship.

I hate to say this but if a guy is random like that then his mind os probably on other things, and while there is a chance he may come back to focus on you, the best thing is to get on with your life and meet other people, or not. But don't wait around, it's a waste of your time.