+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trust isses with my girl: she goes out clubbing every weekend and suspicious texting

Trust isses with my girl: she goes out clubbing every weekend and suspicious texting

I am 26 years old. We have been dating for a year. I dont drink or smoke. My girl is 22 years old. Likes to smoke and drink. I work late every saturday night, and she has saturday nights off. She goes out dancing with her girlfriends EVERY saturday night.

During the first 11 months of the relationship, I had no problem with her going out. Last month she lied to me about giving her number to an ex boyfriend that literally told her he is trying to sleep with her again. He was sending her text messages that literally said "i want to hook up again", and instead of her telling him to stop, she let this go on until I found out (she got a text at 2 in the morning and I asked who it was). She told me that she didnt tell him to stop because she has been friends with him a long time and didnt want to be mean (which i think is not logical answer). She never once mentioned in the text messages that she has a bf.

Last week I picked her up after she went clubbing and she was drunk. She was with a bunch of girlfriends and one guy friend who tried to hook up with her 4 years ago. When she said goodbye to the guy, she hugged him and kissed him on his neck (not passionately, but a peck). That guy called her at 3 in the morning the same day. I think she sent the guy mixed messages by kissing him on the neck, and that is why he called her at 3 in the morning.

I believe that girls need to be able to go out with their girlfriends and dance and have fun. I realize that she is in the prime age to do that. She told me that when she goes out, she doesnt let guys grind on her. But when I went out with her 3 weeks ago, I was dancing with her and 3 different guys came up WHILE I WAS DANCING, and started dancing with her. I had to tell them that she was my girl. That got old real quick.

I believe that when she goes out, she is going out to have a good time, and NOT LOOK FOR GUYS. But after seeing her kiss that guy on the neck RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, it has start to make me wonder what she may be doing on the dance floor when I am not there.

My questions are:
    What do you think about the text messages?

What do you think about kissing the guy on the neck?

Do I have a reason to question the trust in the relationship?

Yes, she wants to date other guys along with you. Can you enjoy things that way or not so much? She sounds like she is not ready to settle for one guy right now and she's "playing the field", or is it "playing on the field"? lol. Giggity.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Peace her.....

Leave man. I don't go to the club anymore, and neither does my girlfriend. Age is similar to you, and we've been together for 3 years.

The only reason you go to the club is to flirt and have sex with strangers. If I want to drink with my friends I'll go watch hockey, a fight, or play pool or something. She does other stuff too - going to the club in a long term monogamous relationship is for the most part inappropriate.

Thanks for the responses!

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuanInc View Post
    The only reason you go to the club is to flirt and have sex with strangers.
    WHAT?!?!? Are you serious? Wow. Personally the only reason I go out to clubs is to dance. I love to dance and in my younger days I could dance all night 4 nights a week. I loved it. Not for the possibility of sex or flirting but for the opportunity to dance and nothing more.
    Having said that..

OP, there are too many red flags here. If you had to tell guys that you were her man while on the dance floor that is terrible. I rarely had to vocalise to guys that I wasn't interested in dancing with them. I'd turn away, put a friend between me and them and if anyone dared try to put a hand on me they usually found themselves on their arse.

Let her go.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

you're gf may be just overly flirty by nature...and ofcourse when alcohol is in the system, it makes you break out of your shell a lot easier. She loves the attention she gets from guys and instead of telling a guy to "back off I have a bf" she doesn't do so. She likes knowing that guys are attracted to her, and she likes leading them on. Personally, those kinda girls are better off being single. I don't think any man would want their girl going out to clubs every weekend getting drunk and stupid while they stay at home and wait to be the designated driver..

If you don't trust her, break it off. She doesn't sound like a loyal girlfriend. If there's no trust in a relationship, there is no relationship