+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do I even bother anymore?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you have hit the nail on the head there, indi.
    Good thing for me I don't have to post a dating profile, eh? LOL. Ah, crap missed timing.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 31-12-11 at 02:19 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Yeah, you're right: That would be the perception of the simple-minded.
    lmao, you only managed to confirm the way you come off as.

Not to be mean, but I don't think that attitude will sell.
    Last edited by Phoenix23; 31-12-11 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Yeah, you're right: That would be the perception of the simple-minded. Don't know how else I could really describe myself with anything else but clichés from the stock file or give really rote answers about myself (I mean, I thought the idea was to capture their interest and project confidence, not arrogance or "pretentious(ness)."
    Good lord. You ask for advice, then argue with the advice given. You don't want advice, you want validation of your own wrong notions. You ARE pretentious, as well as childish. Grow the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Good lord. You ask for advice, then argue with the advice given. You don't want advice, you want validation of your own wrong notions. You ARE pretentious, as well as childish. Grow the **** up.
    Agreed. Or he just wants to start conversations with him as the main topic. Thread after thread of this pretentious wankery. Personally I only respond when I'm bored, I think a lot of others do to.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Agreed. Or he just wants to start conversations with him as the main topic. Thread after thread of this pretentious wankery. Personally I only respond when I'm bored, I think a lot of others do to.
    You're right, and I am sorry to everyone who replies and to whom I come across as "pretentious." I try too hard and maybe the whole depression over not being lucky has made me self-indulgent. Fortunately, I have a few good things coming in the next few days so hopefully that will get my mind off of it and as a result, you'll all have one less bitter poster to try consoling (or scrutinizing, in certain cases).

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    FWIW I don't think you're pretentious. Just that your profile sounded like. I'm pretty sure I'd sound like an arrogant prig if I had to fill out an online dating profile. I'm nothing like that IRL. I think its just the awkwardness of the whole process. This online dating is entirely unnatural to certain mindsets, I think.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12