+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First date. EVER. Advice???

so what the chicks like 17 and your 23.......smooth doooooood. you dont even have a date, you had conversation. shes way to busy because she has no interest. You dont take hinds well im guessing. Anyone who wants to see you will make time, but if i did my math right you need to stay the fuk way from highschool shit if your not in highschool. join a damn dating siting if you want a date.

Well guess what. You didn't even do your ****in math right. You didn't even read the original post - I'm 18 years old and in my state, that's more than legal.

And as for "I don't even have a date" you guys just don't know this girl. She WILL make time. Who do you think is more qualified to say that, me or you? I know her, she delivers on promises.

- I think since you did mention flowers to her, I think you should get her a nice smelling flower. Lavendar smells nice but has very tiny flowers, so a small bunch of lavendar would be fine. Avoid red roses, as they mean "love" and that may freak her out. Carnations are nice too, as are freesia and Peruvian lilies, often found at Meijer.

I hope it goes well with you. Good luck. Be yourself, but don't be too weird. Talk to her. Get to know her.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

so i looked up your 5th year seinor thing, must be some new term because normaly i hear it im 5 years his/her seinor which its age. ok so you failed a grade or got held back....but dont trust anyone with promisses...they always get broken, 2nd most why so much energy put into this girl, its highschool. you know HS relationships hardly amount to anything, I;m not saying dont try but id def find another one after a week or 2 if shes soo busy. I see your her friend also, 2-3 months from now you still be waiting around and it would suck if you are and didnt listen to anyone here.

i think your obsessed/have a crush on her....after all why else make your user name match with her fav ice cream.....burn! sorry im old and blunt

@oldskool83 I adore her. And maybe you just don't know what it means to perservere in a case like this. I tried many other times to get her and this is the first time she said she'll go on a date with me. So I need to not screw this up! So quit being so completely negative. It doesn't help with the whole confidence aspect.
    Last edited by CoffeoOreo; 05-01-12 at 09:57 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good luck doll. And yes, IB is a very busy program.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    And yes, IB is a very busy program.
    On the real, though. Each class has like an hour of homework associated with it, and it's really hard homework, I've tried it. Plus she sleeps A LOT with two hour naps during the day and like ten hours of sleep at night. It's so hard communicating with her sometimes. It's best to just find ways to actually be around her if you want to have a conversation than to text her or call her. Cause that's usually impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeoOreo View Post
    @oldskool83 I adore her. And maybe you just don't know what it means to perservere in a case like this. I tried many other times to get her and this is the first time she said she'll go on a date with me. So I need to not screw this up! So quit being so completely negative. It doesn't help with the whole confidence aspect.
    I think youre taking it way too seriously. she agreed for you to buy her dinner and hang out...thats all. You should be going out with different girls every weekend. Dont put all your eggs in one basket

Yeah....i know, you adore her and all that.....blah blah blah....but its your first of many dates with many different women and you wont be marrying this girl...so lets put it all in perspective. Just go out and have a good time.
    Last edited by surfhb; 06-01-12 at 09:45 AM.

I dont understand one thing, you said you didn't plan a specific day, but you're hoping for saturday yet she didn't get back to you.. what does that mean? Are you hoping she will be free but didn't actually ask her out, or you asked her out saturday but she didn't respond to you yet?

Originally the deal was that we would eventually do this. I told her it doesn't matter when we would do it just that she's willing to do it. And so she said "Yeah we can". So I tried to reach her later this week to find out if the weekend would work, and she hadn't gotten back to me.

UPDATE: I talked to her in person yesterday - the weekend won't work. Her nature-obsessed parents are taking her to their cabin near Mt. Rainier (when they were just there a week ago). She hates going there but there's nothing she can do about it. I'll probably be able to communicate with her today since she likely won't be doing any homework while she's there, just chilling and watching star trek (she loves the original series). There's a winter ball at the end of the semester on the 21st. If next weekend doesn't work out, I want to plan that day with her - go with her to the winter ball, maybe do something beforehand. So yeah that's where I'm at right now. It will be a long haul, but ultimately, I think it will be worth it.

Ok listen please.....she's not really interested in you. Just hang back at this point and let her call you. Go out tonight aand meet another girl who's into you and calls or texts.

This is the way dating work. If you constantly push push push you will be disappointed. Two rules: 1. always call, text or ask ONCE. After that, you don't do it again. 2. If a girl likes you she WILL contact you

Ok here's the deal, maybe I didn't mention this. At first she said "no" but when I explained to her that going on a date doesn't mean you're automatically boyfriend/girlfriend she asked me "what would we do?" and I told her "We'll go get your favorite ice cream at Husky Deli then go downtown and walk around Pike Place" then when I asked her if she was up for that she said, "I don't know yet, I can't plan anything right now". Then I asked her "Are you at least willing to do it?" and she said "Yeah we can". So the fact that she said yes - correct me if I'm wrong - means that she probably likes me a little bit. Not enough to quickly become boyfriend/girlfriend by any stretch of the imagination (other whys she would have said yes in the first place) but enough for a date. And that's all I need, even if it's just a seed. For though I want her to feel the same way as I do, it's obvious that's not how it is right now. But I think I can get there. =)
    Last edited by CoffeoOreo; 08-01-12 at 03:22 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Or, she just said that to get you to back the hell off. It was pretty aggressive. Tho, sometimes that can work. Anyway, see what happens. Just be prepared for her to blow you off b/c that's not what I would call a strong sign of interest on her part.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    b/c that's not what I would call a strong sign of interest on her part.
    I didn't understand your statement. Did you mean "not a sign of strong interest" or "not a strong sign of any interest"?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast