+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My first date! (need advice/help)

My first date! (need advice/help)

Well, I went on my first date a few days ago. Started out at a chill place, then we moved to a place where we had a few drinks. After that, I walked her to her place. She asked me to come inside. So I did. We hung out at her place. Altogether, we spent about 6 hrs. At about 12:30am, I told her I had to go, so she walked me outside her apartment. I didn't go for the move, I just leaned in to give a peck on the cheek. As soon as I got there, her eyes were closed, tongue out... it was awkward!! So it was a miss hit/timing thing.

Anyways, she has been calling me, I am pretty sure she likes me. She wanted to hang out the very next day, but I couldn't, (too many exams).

However, she is really nice. I like her. But I am not really attracted to her that much. I feel nothing on my side! Does that make me an ass? Should I take her out again, and just take her along for a ride that probably has no destination?

I like her, she is extremely down to earth. But truly like her as much as I would like a friend. I want to hang out with her, for sure, have no interest in anything romantic to bubble up. Is it bad to call her to hang out, I don't want to lead her into thinking that I am interested her as more than a friend.

How do I go about this? Am I wrong in feeling/thinking the way I do?
    Last edited by RSK; 17-03-08 at 01:57 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It was the tongue, wasn't it?

I think the kindest thing would be to tell her you really like her, but don't anticipate a romance any time soon. (Of course, you may change your mind if you hang around with her long enough, who knows?) Tell her you are too busy with school.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Next time, kiss her hand, not her cheek (unless you want to actually kiss her). She'll be pleasantly surprised & there won't be this confusion. (I wouldn't suggest this for just any guy, I think it could come off as facetious, but I think you are one of the rare ones that could actually pull it off with class.)

PS, relax RK. Just be her friend for now. Sometimes, the strongest attraction grows from getting to know someone from the inside out.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    Well, I went on my first date a few days ago. Started out at a chill place, then we moved to a place where we had a few drinks. After that, I walked her to her place. She asked me to come inside. So I did. We hung out at her place. Altogether, we spent about 6 hrs. At about 12:30am, I told her I had to go, so she walked me outside her apartment. I didn't go for the move, I just leaned in to give a peck on the cheek. As soon as I got there, her eyes were closed, tongue out... it was awkward!! So it was a miss hit/timing thing.

Anyways, she has been calling me, I am pretty sure she likes me. She wanted to hang out the very next day, but I couldn't, (too many exams).

However, she is really nice. I like her. But I am not really attracted to her that much. I feel nothing on my side! Does that make me an ass? Should I take her out again, and just take her along for a ride that probably has no destination?

I like her, she is extremely down to earth. But truly like her as much as I would like a friend. I want to hang out with her, for sure, have no interest in anything romantic to bubble up. Is it bad to call her to hang out, I don't want to lead her into thinking that I am interested her as more than a friend.

How do I go about this? Am I wrong in feeling/thinking the way I do?
    Hehe, not sure if to congratulate you or send condolences RK

First up, great to see you dude! How you been? Stories???

Second a ride with no destination will surely wear you out. If you're not attracted to her, if you're not feeling it don't lead her on. You may want to spend more time with her as a friend to see if those feelings will start kicking in (maybe her personality will really do it for you). Otherwise avoid intimacy, especially going to each other's places, that's very misleading.

Instead of kiss on the cheek, try to shake her hand next time. That sends a very strong "friends only" vibe message
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

hey, thx yall! i'm planning to take her to the movies on wednesday or something. i will be completely honest with her... i am really busy with school, and probably would not be able to spend much time with her (which is true).. i'll tell her i like hanging out with her, i think she is sweet... but blame it on bad timing. and i'll tell her to keep in touch... if she invites me over, i'll say i'd love to, but i can't... too much work to do back home (which is also true)

thanks again! wow, last few weeks have been kind of amazing! now just have to catch up with school work!!!

not many stories to be honest, it's been pretty much routine, except the date... that was very random! but back to schedule now... not long to go, then i will be studying for the big one, USMLE!!!! woo hoo!

where is TONE????

Tone is recuperating from getting hit by a car.. Read his update thread from last week.

And as far as the date goes, it sounds good except for the tongue part. 0-60 in four seconds, huh? What is wrong with that girl?
    Spammer Spanker