+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First date. EVER. Advice???

First date. EVER. Advice???

Yeah so I haven't had a single date or girlfriend in my almost 19 years of life on this earth. But I'm going on a date with a really freaking cute, wonderful girl kinda soon and need advice on what I should generally do. I've never done this before and I really don't want to screw it up. So please help me. This is what I have come up with so far:

-Get her flowers
    -Pick her up at her house
    -Take her to get Ice Cream from Husky Deli (their "Coffee Oreo" flavor is her favorite)
    -Take her downtown
    -Walk around Pike Place Market (I live in Seattle)
    -DON'T see a movie
    -[Insert other stuff]
    -Walk her to her door
    -say goodnight and get a kiss if possible

What do you guys think? o_O

P.S. This is kind of a continuation of another thread. If you want to know some of the back story go [URL="http://www.loveforum.net/threads/63312-Spilled-my-heart-out-several-times-still-friends.-Good-or-Bad"]here[/URL]. It all kinda happened in a flash.

sounds good.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Flowers is over the top

Just be yourself and have a good time. Don't think about getting kissed....it's just date.

whatever you do....don't go see a movie. YOu don't get to interact and talk and get to know each other that way. Movie on a first date is the worst idea.

Flowers = too much.
    Just go with the flow

Flowers are too much for the first date. Wait until the third date for flowers. You don't know if it's even going to work out.

Whatever you do try to get to know her. That's why I like a quiet restaurant or a walk in the park on a date. The date should be about you 2 getting to know each other, not watching a movie. Well, younger people might be different. A movie might be less nerve-wracking, but you have to get to know each other to determine if it's even worth it to continue dating.

Everything else sounds good.

-say goodnight and get a kiss if possible
    You don't "get" a kiss, you take it. Kiss her on the lips, lightly, once. It's not time for tongue hockey (yet).

And for pete's sake don't be groping her mommy bags either on the first date. Sit across from her at any restaurant. Not next to her. She doesn't know you and doesn't want to sit next to you, unless she invites you to sit next to her or she sits next to you on her own.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Well the thing is we already know each other pretty well. We've been good friends for about two years. So I think it'll be more about testing out how we are on a date together. And as for the flowers, I think I'm going to go ahead with it since the date is kind of a test run. It'll remind both me and her that we're not just hanging out this time, we're going on a date - kinda set the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeoOreo View Post
    And as for the flowers, I think I'm going to go ahead with it since the date is kind of a test run.
    Excellent idea. Ask us for our advice then ignore it.

She's already expecting flowers, I don't want to disappoint her lol. Maybe that's what I should have said.

why is she expeting flowers? no one should expect anything from a 1st date...and keep it to like 3 hrs max or it will get aqward.

-Get her flowers (big hell no)
    -Pick her up at her house (thats ok big boy)
    -Take her to get Ice Cream from Husky Deli (their "Coffee Oreo" flavor is her favorite) (ok ricky ranger)
    -Take her downtown (alright)
    -Walk around Pike Place Market (I live in Seattle) (like we care, go for the damn walk and talk)
    -[Insert other stuff] (insert no other stuff ricky ranger)
    -Walk her to her door (you dont really have to do this if you pull up in a car, you can do the rest in the car) -say goodnight and get a kiss if possible (only if shes comfortable, normaly save the kiss for 2nd date imo, but deff needed by 3rd for sure)

let her call or text ya about your date the next day, if shes into you she will, if not oh well give it 24hrs and then u can call or text her saying how you felt, just dont go over board, you seem to think you know alot and honestly non of us know what a perfect 1st date is, but alot know going over board is just a turn off.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 04-01-12 at 09:18 PM.

Well I'm not saying she's really expecting anything of me, I'm saying I kind of already hinted at getting her flowers so she's probably anticipating it.

But whatever. I won't get her flowers. -__-

And who the f*** is Ricky Ranger?
    Last edited by CoffeoOreo; 04-01-12 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeoOreo View Post
    Well I'm not saying she's really expecting anything of me, I'm saying I kind of already hinted at getting her flowers so she's probably anticipating it.
    You have not even been on a date and you've been hinting at flowers? You need to calm down a little young man. I had my first date with my current GF and I hinted about nothing - apart from the fact that I'd be there.

Well, now that you hinted at flowers, you have to get them. This is not typical for a first date, and actually creeps many women out (it's too much too soon). But girls, that's another matter, it may not creep them out.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Really? Do I absolutely HAVE to get her flowers now that I've hinted at them? Please elaborate...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast