+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First date. EVER. Advice???

Dude...listen!!!!!

She's not interested in you! She's trying to be nice and you're just not getting it. You've already asked her out....let her call you when she's ready.

Meanwhile, it's Saturday. Go get a haircut and a new shirt and go to a pub with friends tonight....get it?

Dude...YOU listen!!

I don't care if she's interested in me or not right now. She's giving me a chance and that's all I was ever looking for. She means so much to me and has for years, so the fact that she said yes is an opportunity to me, an opportunity to prove myself. I know one thing, I ain't giving up on her. I may not have to text her all the time, but neither do I have to go by your stupid rules. She cares about me as a friend, and even that is enough for right now.

And I did get a haircut. First time it's been short in five years lol.
    Last edited by CoffeoOreo; 08-01-12 at 04:24 AM.

Ok....we're getting somewhere then!

This thread went from advise on what you should do on your first date to you relizing she has little or no Interest in you....good!!!

Don't keep asking this girl out....it will turn her off. I'm trying to help you

I didn't "realize" anything - I knew that all along, bro. I just forgot to mention it haha.

Okay so frankly, I don't think this whole "love forum" thing is a good idea except in very generic cases. I realized on my walk to a park today that you guys don't know me or my crush, you can't draw ultimate conclusions about us or the situation and you tend to make a whole host of assumptions that don't apply just cause you want to think you're "helpful". Sorry, but I'm going to de-register from this site and get help from friends and family who know both me and her. That's a lot healthier and will be more helpful in the long run.

Peace y'all.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeoOreo View Post
    I didn't understand your statement. Did you mean "not a sign of strong interest" or "not a strong sign of any interest"?
    I mean there are actual signs to look for that will tell you a girl is interested. Her response to your ask is not one of them:

[url]http://www.girlschase.com/content/how-girls-show-interest[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay so frankly, I don't think this whole "love forum" thing is a good idea except in very generic cases. I realized on my walk to a park today that you guys don't know me or my crush, you can't draw ultimate conclusions about us or the situation and you tend to make a whole host of assumptions that don't apply just cause you want to think you're "helpful". Sorry, but I'm going to de-register from this site and get help from friends and family who know both me and her. That's a lot healthier and will be more helpful in the long run.

Peace y'all.
    Bye. Good luck. If you want to leave, just delete your first post in this thread. It will disappear.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

What did you expect? This site exists so it can give you a different perspective on your situation, a perspective of a complete stranger who can speak his mind objectively. People here will give you advice, they don't mean to hurt you but help you, it's just that the truth is sometimes not that pretty. And someone you know might not tell you that.

My reason of joining this site for example was to learn a bit about relationships and what works/doesn't work in them, so that I could understand them better. Also, while I'm reading the board, why not help someone with advice if I can provide some, and let them choose if they accept it or not.

In your case, based on things you wrote (you can't write everything about you I know, but based on all that you DID write), and in the context of the conversation that she said ''yes'', she said it only to be nice to you. Even if you do go on that date, which I doubt, that will be it. There's no point in clinging to false hope, it will only crush you more afterwards. If I thought you had a chance, I'd tell you so. Time to move on, man.
    Anyway, it's just my opinion. You got a point, I don't really know you, or her. So it's you who decides if you'll think about what I wrote or not...

Peace y'all.

Well good luck! Most likely, your friends and family will probably tell you the same thing as what we've said on here.

All we have is what you tell us. You start off saying you want advice on a date then you quickly change saying she hasnt actually set up a time with you. This chick is giving you the run around man. Weve all been there and its just a part of dating.

Good luck. BTW though....friends and family wont give you an unbiased opinion on these things. Thats what so great about these sites. We can all sit back and spew whatever opinions we have without repercussion. Its works well.

been a week, still no date huh? yep aint ever gonna happen. i bet you havent even heard from her yet but shes prob blowing her friends cell phones up like no tomorrow lol.

Really you guys don't know me or her. I was in a frantic state of mind when I posted these threads, it wasn't right. I've calmed down considerably but it's really pretty dangerous to use these forums, cause I honestly don't know who you guys are either and no amount of explaining could show me how credible and relevant your knowledge is to ME. The five people I've talked to about this in real life who I know and who know me have given me much more confident prognoses about the situation than you guys have, and that's not because they don't want to tell me the truth. For instance they've told me I just need to calm the f*** down - so it's tough love, it really is. But because they know me and because one of them actually knows her, them saying I'll "probably do pretty well" has more weight with my outlook. I just have to give her space while she tries to find time for me, go with my instincts on the date, do this as just two friends going out, and not listen to all your stupid rules and nay-saying since they really do not apply to the situation.

I personally am not going to delete these threads b/c I want people to stumble on this and really think about why they are on these forums. Is it general information that they're looking for or is it more specific to their case? I really think you should only be on here for the general information, things that are true in almost all cases NOT things that totally depend on a vast range of factors that can only be known by people who already know you and/or your romantic interest. That's why I think it's best for me to take the advice of my friends and family in this situation.
    Last edited by CoffeoOreo; 10-01-12 at 11:00 AM.

Sigh!! Ok....lets go to your other thread. here's your comment when I asked you what she said when asked if you would like to date you:

She says she doesn't like me like that.
    Towards the end of the thread she says yes....then in this thread you say you and her never made plans.

Here's the thread if youd liike to follow:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/threads/63312-Spilled-my-heart-out-several-times-still-friends.-Good-or-Bad[/url]

Honestly bro! cant you see the writing on the wall here?

they've told me I just need to calm the f*** down
    that was one of the first pieces of advice you were given here. Youre taking it all too seriously

while she tries to find time for me
    What kind of attitude is that to have? You need to find time for her my friend. You've never been on a date in your life but you seem to be hung up on one girl...waiting for her to bring you into her life.

The five people I've talked to about this in real life who I know and who know me have given me much more confident prognoses about the situation than you guys have
    Yep....remember we said friends often dont give good, unbiased advice on relationships

Just because you dont like what you hear doesnt mean you need to take it to heart. Jeesh man....this is a stupid internet forum. I dont know you or your situation much less do i care....but I will comment on what YOU have written. You say shes a good friend but doesn't give you any indication if she will go out with you on a date. WTF! You're already good friends....right? Haven t you been out with her before....movies? Downtown? ect?

My only point through this whole thread was....if a girl really likes you, she WILL go out with you....PERIOD! This girl, based on YOUR words, has made no indication of this. She would have said "Yes....let go this Sat or next Sun".

Just relax Bro....Youre only 18 for fuccks sake! Youre going to go out with many many more women in the future. Youre going to be rejected several times and you will reject several women as well. I hope it all works out for you with this girl but PLEASE dont come here asking for advice then lambast the advice and the forum. It happens to be a positive side of the internet.

Plus....it makes you look like an ass.....you know.....the kind of guy that shows up on a first date with a bouquet of flowers....ha!

Good luck!
    Last edited by surfhb; 10-01-12 at 02:21 PM.

I really think you should only be on here for the general information, things that are true in almost all cases NOT things that totally depend on a vast range of factors that can only be known by people who already know you and/or your romantic interest. That's why I think it's best for me to take the advice of my friends and family in this situation.
    Again, what did you expect exactly? You asked for an opinion on your situation, you got that. Be grateful that a random stranger even cares enough to reply.

You're just in denial. The girl is not into you. But I hope you prove me wrong. Good luck.

You should read or watch the movie "He's just not that into you" (by the way, I'm not joking since you might actually realize something by watching/reading this book)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast