+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does a rebound guy leave a memory?

Does a rebound guy leave a memory?

I was a rebound guy for my ex. I fell for her hard, I should've known better. We were close and spent a lot of time together for 4 months. She broke up with me in December so she could be "single and figure herself out". I still miss her. I don't talk to her. I told her someday we could be friends but only after I take enough time to heal. We haven't spoken in 3 weeks. I don't want to get back with her, and I am still not ready to be in contact with her, but I just wonder if she ever thinks about me, or misses our relationship, or if she just considers me a person she once knew. Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by dino9401 View Post
    I was a rebound guy for my ex. I fell for her hard, I should've known better. We were close and spent a lot of time together for 4 months. She broke up with me in December so she could be "single and figure herself out". I still miss her. I don't talk to her. I told her someday we could be friends but only after I take enough time to heal. We haven't spoken in 3 weeks. I don't want to get back with her, and I am still not ready to be in contact with her, but I just wonder if she ever thinks about me, or misses our relationship, or if she just considers me a person she once knew. Any opinions?
    Like anyone in our lives, we generally don't forget them. We do however think about them fondly without pining to be with them. I suspect that is how she remembers you.

In time you to will be able to visit your memories of her without longing for her. I suggest you don't try contacting her just to be her friend. Doing that will just set you back to pining for her again. More times than not it's best to leave your memories on a back shelf to be taken down once in a blue moon for a wee revisit.

I have no intentions of contacting her anytime soon. We were friends before and we should've just stayed friends instead of forming a "relationship" for those few months. I know I can not be friends with her now, or probably not for a while. Once I have moved on I would like to be friends again. Thanks for your reply.

I've had rebound guys. Yes i do have memories of all the rebound guys i've had. Some i cringe at the thought of them. Others i have fond memories of....but never a lust or longing to be with them again. More a memory of...."gee, that was a nice young man. I hope he does good in his life and finds a great catch because he sure deserved better than being a rebound".

Be careful what you ask for. Being a rebound anything isn't usually a positive thing. Remember you were chosen out of weakness, and then dumped when they come to their senses. BC girl is spot on. It's 50/50 chance of any fondness, but there is no ever lasting desire....that is what rebound is....short term blind desire.

Being friends? Sex changes everything....just like how they used you to move on from their ex....they will want to move on from you too.
    Last edited by smackie9; 25-01-12 at 10:29 PM.

Hth is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    the reply is yes. I do think of them in a fond way, and considered our kisses as Sweet :-).