+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Interracial couple, she left me cause of parents...

Interracial couple, she left me cause of parents...

I was in a interracial relationship for 6 months, it seemed longer because we started off having a crush on each other throughout the office. And even though she left the company, we were still together. Within 1 month of the relationship she already told me I was the best she ever had and the greatest guy she has ever been with. There is only one problem, due to me being a Filipino American and she is white her mom is not completely OK with it. I told her if I'm invited to the house just keep bringing me over and she will get to see me as a person. Her mom was also concerned because I don't come from a rich town like her, however I am working a full-time job as a Desktop Analyst making 50,000k a year at 26yrs old. She is 22 yrs old finishing up her last semester in college.

From month 2-6 things were going great, I was taking her to football games, theme parks, concerts, dinners, Broadway shows. We were having a blasts! I was even invited to spend Thanksgiving, Christmas and Her Birthday with her family. We thought everything was going well, and we fell in love more and more. We admitted to each other that we were in love after 2 months. We just clicked so well, and always had smiling faces every time we saw each other. Then one night her mom told her about the hard-ships of raising interracial children. Which I don't believe is that bad because we live in Northern NJ, where there are a lot of different cultures in the area.

She decided to listen to her mom and break-up with me before it's too late. She was a mama's girl her whole life and always listened to her mom. I knew she didn't want to do it because she even cried when she did it. She told me her parents were always involved in all the decisions she made in her life. She had guys before who met her mom's check list and they were nothing close to me. She even gave me back my Christmas present to her.

It's been Tuesday 01/24/2012 since we broke up and I still can't get my mind off her. I know she is miserable inside and I know she still loves me.

It's so hard to let go, I haven't texted her or e-mailed her since the break up. I just don't know if this is it or not. We shared soo many good times together and she even told me she is surprised how great of a guy I am considering where I came from.
    Last edited by jh0nathang35; 28-01-12 at 10:38 PM.

She ain't interested.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Her mother does'nt like you, probably cause your bangin her daughter......Oh well you dodged a bullet. If she lets her mum make decisions for her, then it would end up falling over eventually. I'd ring the mother, and give her a serve, and tell her to stop being the fun police.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Her mother does'nt like you, probably cause your bangin her daughter......Oh well you dodged a bullet. If she lets her mum make decisions for her, then it would end up falling over eventually. I'd ring the mother, and give her a serve, and tell her to stop being the fun police.
    "The fun police" *grinz*.. I'll be stealing that one, rafter.

Op: I don't know of any grown woman that would let her mother influence her away from someone she actually loved enough to want to spend the rest of her life with. In fact, most young women will cling harder to a guy if their parents are dissing him all the time. Thus, I'm thinking that your gf is using her mother as an excuse to let you down easy. (sorry).

keep up the zero contact and if she changes her mind she can call you (don't expect or count on it though) In the meantime strive to accept the end of your relationship so that you can move on and be able to give any new girl your full attention without holding up a torch for Miss Momma's Girl.

She did mentioned future plans with me at one time, how I should stop always try to buy the best looking clothes and start saving my money since I am thinking for two now.

What part of "she is free to decide for herself, she decided to break up with you" don't you understand? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by jh0nathang35 View Post
    She was a mama's girl her whole life and always listened to her mom.
    No she still is a mama's girl.....cut it away tiger, move on...your still young.