+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend is acting distant, untalkative and hasnt called in over a week.

Boyfriend is acting distant, untalkative and hasnt called in over a week.

My OH and me have been together for just over a year and a half and are in our mid twentys and both at university. He is starting his final year and has alot of work on. He also hasnt been working the last month of so so he can focus on study. Normally we see each other fairly regularly and used to work and stay with each other but since he hasnt been working last few months and I have been working away we havent seen each other for a few weeks. The thing is he used to text me all the time and also call at least once a day, if not more, to see how I was going and chat. He is always usually on the phone to someone or one of his mates. He hasnt rung me in over a week now which is really abnormal... I rang him on saturday and spoke to him breifly and said he had to go but would call me back. He still hasnt rung me back. I have spoken to him over facebook chat at night but his answers are always short and that he is so busy with uni. I have brought up if there was anything wrong and how he hasnt called me in over a week... The other night he apoligised for being rude... I sent him a message saying that I understand that he is busy and that I love him and am there for him. Ive also said I that I miss him. He hasnt said anything of the same manner in return. If anything he has showed his annoyance.. like last night he was like do you expect me to talk to you on facebook all night... i just said well you were online and havent really talked to you any other way then went to bed. Hes sent me a message today asking how my day was and that is it. I understand he is busy with university.. so am i. But I would still want to find time to talk... even if it was just for 5 mins to see how each others day is. I said this to him. He just said ok. Still hasnt called.

Maybe I am over stressing... I havent messaged him at all during the day and I have been spending time catching up with my own friends last week or so and he has had time catching up with his friends doing his hobbies so its not like I have been smothering him. I guess I am trying to do the right thing by him but wonder how long he is going to be like this. Our sex life hasnt been that good last either... last time I stayed with him for a day or so we did not have sex... and the time before it lasted five minutes with literally no forplay. I love him so much and try to do the right thing by him but it goes both ways. Just hoping I can get some mature advice. Thanks you all for reading. xx

Sent bf a message tonight asking how his day was with a few kisses. Left it for a bit then tried to call him. No answer. Sent him another message just saying I am leaving the ball in his court now and that I tried to call. That I know hes busy with uni but I feel like he doesnt feel the same anymore and would love to know what is going on.

Have I done the right thing?? Someone?? It seems strange that I am feeling this way so far into our relationship.

You have a right to send that message and find out what is going on. Certainly sounds like he has backed off a bit. Can you see him face to face at all to talk about this? The sooner the better.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Leave him alone. He doesnt want to be wih you and is too chicken to say it. No messages, no texts, no calls. Find someone else who isnt so "busy.". The more you call and text, the longer the suffering.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I think you should send him a text to let him know it's over, that way you can start moving on. If you don't say anything, then when he gets bored and finally does contact you, you are going to respond and be pulled right back in. Send him a short text message, "Sorry it has to end this way, but please don't call or contact me anymore."

He is just waiting for you to dump him because he hasn't got the balls to do it himself.

Ya your relationship is over...he is busy alright, but not with studies.

Messaged him a few times this morning last one being that maybe we should rethink our relationship if he doesnt have time to talk to me. bye. I rang one more time and this time he answered. He talked all about what happened last night... they caught someone who had been theiving around the neighbourhood... were drinking n went outside n literally caught him in the car. He talked all about that then said he had to go... didnt ask me how i had been or anything. Messaged him after havent heard back. Im confused. So confused =(

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smexygirl89 View Post
    Messaged him a few times this morning last one being that maybe we should rethink our relationship if he doesnt have time to talk to me. bye. I rang one more time and this time he answered. He talked all about what happened last night... they caught someone who had been theiving around the neighbourhood... were drinking n went outside n literally caught him in the car. He talked all about that then said he had to go... didnt ask me how i had been or anything. Messaged him after havent heard back. Im confused. So confused =(
    You don't seem confused. You seem hurt and heartbroken.

What he's doing isn't really confusing. He doesn't really want you in his life, unfortunately.

He just texted me saying he wants a break for uni.... uni my ass... you were all right... He is 28 and couldnt even say it too me over the phone! And weve been together nearly two years... sais alot hey...

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smexygirl89 View Post
    He just texted me saying he wants a break for uni.... uni my ass... you were all right... He is 28 and couldnt even say it too me over the phone! And weve been together nearly two years... sais alot hey...
    Sure does.

**** that guy. You'll do much better.

Make sure you tell him that this is not a break, and that you are permanently broken up and he's not to contact you at all.

Don't go on a break. Just tell him that you want to break up with him.

I'm sure he will probably full-around with some girls while you two are on a break.

Dont worry I am taking this as breaking up... i am going to a b&s next weekend with some other freshly broken up girls so i think we are going to make the most of the weekenmd perfect timing for me to go out and let my hair down xx thanks for all your messages