+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Intimate with male friend/housemate

Intimate with male friend/housemate

I have living with a man for the past year and we have been intimately involved since the beginning. He is emotionally immature and unwilling to consider me his girlfriend, call me his girlfriend or change his Facebook status from single. We haven't actually had intercourse because he is a very conservative christian and a virgin. I'm not Christian and I have been married before. We have been very close to having sex over the past year and very sexually involved. Every time we get involved he feels guilty and starts to pull away and distracts himiself on the internet. I end up feeling used and emotionally drained and we end up arguing and at times it has been really ugly. I know I am culpable as well for the sexual involvement but at this point after a year of this going on I realize that I am emotionally involved in the relationship and he isn't.
    I have asked him to move out many times in the past but he always convinces me to let him stay out of necessity and ease of the situation and we decide to just remain friends and not be intimate(because he feels he is sinning against God by being sexual outside of marriage).
    I realize that this is hurting my self-esteem and I feel really hurt by him because now when I asked him to move out for a last and final time he says I am forcing him out. I told him that I need closure and for me, that means going our separate ways. I told him the only other option was to officially have a relationship. He says he doesn't want one, but still doesn't want to move out because he thinks we can abstain and just be housemates. Our track record has proven that this is not the case but he refuses to see how much he is hurting me by staying and not committing to a relationship with me.
    He recently met some friends at church including a very pretty young girl who he shares more commonalities with. He went out with her and some others and did not invite me with him. Since I have been busy building a new business over the past year I have been neglecting any social life outside of him. He has been my only friend other than my mom. I was so jealous that I went into a rage. I tried to call and text him and he basically ignored me and stayed out all night long. I had put all of his stuff out on the carport and told him to leave. I know my actions were insane, but he has been toying with my emotions and using me for a year now.
    And he brought his stuff back in and we made up for awhile but I still want him to move out. He claims there is nothing going on with this girl but he is so preoccupied with her and his new friends that he is just ignoring my feelings. Now I asked him to move out in a month but he still doesn't seem to want to leave.
    I am going crazy...I told him we need to have an official relationship or else he needs to move out so I can have closure and move on. He doesn't seem to understand what a vicious cycle we have gotten into and that it needs to end.
    What do I do to make him understand and make our solution to this mess amicable?

Quote Originally Posted by tarakat View Post
    .... I end up feeling used... he has been using me for a year now....
    In what sense he's using you? Don't blame others for your own weakness. You chose to stay in this miserable situation over a year! Forget him. It is clear that he is not interested. You cannot force others to be in a relationship with you.

Can you not move out yourself?
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

It's my house. He came home a little while ago and we talked and admits that we have been in a relationship, whether he
    calls it one or not. Now he says he wants to have an official relationship, instead of the craziness but he doesn't know if he trust that I won't be crazy with jealousy. I know I have been weak, letting this go on too long.

Hi.

Just keep his stuff out of your house. Tell him that you are not an entity that he can use for his pleasure and then to cover up,fake all those bloody feelings of guilt. Tell him that its your house and your life and you would not let anyone take charge of these.

Baby, life is to short to let yourself be anyone's slave which he can use whenever he wishes to. Relax. Breath in. And be the agent of change.

If he is not interested why is he not going out of your house. Ask him to leave. He cannot play with your emotions like that.

Lock your house and go and stay with your mom for sometime. Don't give him the keys. This way he will have to vacate your place and you will be able to get over him with the help of your mom's love and care.