+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My soulmate really doesn't care?

great

Well it's done, I can't say I feel great about it but it's over. I tried reasoning with her, offering her so many alternatives and realistic opportunities, but no she had her heart set on busting the whole thing up. I asked her if there was someone else in the picture, and she said no and I have no reason to doubt her. The last thing that happened was her asking if she could get a hug off me, I said no and kissed her instead, so she could remember the love she'd just thrown away. Guilt really paints an ugly picture in a break-up, but it's on her hands and I'm really indifferent about it all now.

As always she only wants to be friends. So cliché, I saw it coming. How typical. I'm insulted by the very thought of her just wanting to be friends because that's exactly how we started and when we progressed it's like that friendship meant nothing at all. I'm so confused by that, I mean does she want a keepsake of our time together or something? I really can't undserstand that - when it's over, just let it be over. Let wounds heal and then see what happens when you move on.

I think she may probably only saw you as a friend while she was in the relationship with you?

When I was with one of my ex...I didn't really love him... but like you said in your post...I probably agree to have a relationship with him to keep the friendship going in a way because he is a busy person (Was studying full time and had 2 jobs at that time...) So he even told me to choose between to have him now or nothing because he told me that if I chose friendship I won't see him or hang out all the time since he is busy, but if we went into a relationship, he said that he would make time for me. So I decided to have a relationship with him.
    Yes I did enjoyed his company, but not his affection.... I would always push him away and I didn't want to hold his hand in the public either...
    In the end we broke up, but I had no sadness or I didn't really miss him much because I only saw him as a friend.

This is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    I think she may probably only saw you as a friend while she was in the relationship with you?
    Well not quite. We were as close as two people could ever be when we were by ourselves. This is what made me think of her as a soulmate. Even around her family she couldn't show me the same amount of attention, and I know that makes me sound needy but I'm really not, I just like other people to know that we're together by being closer to each other. I have had people ask me if there's anything wrong in the situation because she didn't go near me for a long time when we were out together somewhere (around family, in public, etc.), but things would be fine if it was just us together. I brought up this topic about 3 or 4 times with her before and the last time she said she'd work on it... well it doesn't appear that she worked on it hard enough, and now here we are.

If there's such a thing as a soulmate, she's far from being it for you. I think she was 'your' soulmate, and you were her 'boyfriend', who she's no longer interested in.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I actually feel, this already very perfect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12