+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me but needs her space, or does she have no interest in me?

Does she like me but needs her space, or does she have no interest in me?

I just moved into a small private school with about 100 kids. I met this girl about 4 months ago and we were great friends. We would talk and laugh all the time, go out for ice cream etc. But after about 2 months she would start talking to me less, and seemed almost annoyed when I spoke with her. Eventually she completely stopped talking to me and wouldn't acknowledge me at all. I did not do anything to make her not like me, it just seemed like we slowly drifted away. So after about a month she sends me a text saying that shes been thinking about me and misses me and that she would tell me why shes been distant in person.

She never did tell me why she stopped talking to me. It was a little awkward talking again but eventually we ended up being just like we were when we first met, if not closer. Everyday we would talk and laugh in class and at lunch, but we haven't seen each other outside of school at all. These past two weeks I feel like were drifting apart again.

During class she would say stuff that are ment to be jokes but i feel that theres some truth to them. She would say that everyones tired of me but were all stuck with you, she would tell me to shutup etc. I think she is half joking half wanting me to leave her alone. during lunch I ask if she wants to hang out and she says shes doing homework or something, but I just see her with her friends. She doesn't respond to my texts, and she never asks to hang out. I feel like I am the only one who wants to hangout or be together, and it feels like I am just a bother for her. I really do enjoy spending time with her and I dont want that to end.

Last night she texted me and apologized for the mean things she said to me and said she was gonna write me a letter saying how sorry she is. She said that she has been feeling unhappy and depressed lately, and that since im the closest one to her she took it out on me. I told her it was ok and that the best part of my day is just talking to you. I told her how i felt about us drifting apart and that i feel she doesnt want to spend time with me, and she said that she felt the exact same way about me and that the reason she wouldnt hang out is that she felt that i wanted my space, which is not true. I wish i could be with her 24/7 and i feel incomplete when im not with her.

The next day at school she does the same thing. She doesnt talk to me at class, says shes too busy to hangout at lunch but shes actually just with her friends. It seemed like she didnt want to talk about what we said yesterday. I feel like she didnt mean the stuff she said, and that she really doesnt want to spend time with me and that she just said that so my feelings would not get hurt. Am I wrong for thinking this way? Do you think that eventually she will want to talk more or is this the end?

I feel like she only wants to talk to me when she doesnt have anyone else to talk to, which is most of the day. But once one of her friends are available she ignores me and hangs out with them. I dont want to be just the person she talks to when shes bored and has no one else to talk to.

I think its important for you to know that I do like her as more than a friend. I have no idea if the feeling is mutal, we never kissed or fooled around or anything, but I feel like she does enjoy my company and laughs at my jokes and is always smiling when i'm around. I want to have a relationship with her, but I feel that both of us are too scared to make a move. My school is very small, and she is my only real friend, and risking that by making a move scares the hell outta me because I would be lost without her. By what I have said do you feel she likes me as more than a friend as well? And should I make a move?

She's an attention whore. You quit giving her your attention, and she's all of a sudden trying to get it back. Once she's got it, she treats you poorly until you stop giving her attention again.

I'd bet money that if you quit giving her your attention she'll come back around... when she does, tell her that you're not playing her games anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    She's an attention whore. You quit giving her your attention, and she's all of a sudden trying to get it back. Once she's got it, she treats you poorly until you stop giving her attention again.

I'd bet money that if you quit giving her your attention she'll come back around... when she does, tell her that you're not playing her games anymore.
    I wish i could but its hard letting her go like that. Something about her keeps makin me come back. Were not in a relationship so im not supposed to be able to expect her to make time for me... And i dont want to do that without being sure thats the case because id feel really shitty if she is trying to make this work just as much as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorboy13 View Post
    I wish i could but its hard letting her go like that. Something about her keeps makin me come back. Were not in a relationship so im not supposed to be able to expect her to make time for me... And i dont want to do that without being sure thats the case because id feel really shitty if she is trying to make this work just as much as I am.
    Its not supposed to be easy....thats why its called life. Its decisions like this which separate the Men from the Boys
    good luck.

Maybe this will help....she doesnt respect you! She's the type of girl who doesnt understand a thing until its shoved back into her face. Kind of like the school yard bully who picks and picks until someone pops them in face....same thing really

Keep her as a good friend and pursue other girls....she has friends right?
    Last edited by surfhb; 26-05-12 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Its not supposed to be easy....thats why its called life. Its decisions like this which separate the Men from the Boys
    good luck.

Maybe this will help....she doesnt respect you! She's the type of girl who doesnt understand a thing until its shoved back into her face. Kind of like the school yard bully who picks and picks until someone pops them in face....same thing really

Keep her as a good friend and pursue other girls....she has friends right?
    Its really hard to pursue other girls in this school, its not that i cant its that there are little to no options. She seems like the only one right for me.

Its really hard to pursue other girls in this school, its not that i cant its that there are little to no options. She seems like the only one right for me.
    There's really no other choice here since this girl does not treat you with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    There's really no other choice here since this girl does not treat you with respect.
    Yea your right I will try and slow the friendship down, immediately stopping it seems impossible, but I will try and live without her at school

Yea your right I will try and slow the friendship down, immediately stopping it seems impossible, but I will try and live without her at school
    You'll be fine....ina couple weeks you wont care about this girl. Just remember shes being selfish and taking advantage of you. Never let anyone push you around like this....especially a woman.
    Last edited by surfhb; 26-05-12 at 03:19 PM.