+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to fix the friendship and get her interest back

How to fix the friendship and get her interest back

This girl lives 200 miles from me. 2 1/2 years after we broke up, we still talk a lot but we fight at least once every other month. Most the time we talk to each other more than anyone else and she says she didn't mind it. But then in May it started to bug her again but she still would talk half as much as before. On Tuesday I couldn't handle it anymore, I had freaked out a lot and sent her a ton of texts during the week before Tuesday. I asked her what was going on and if I was a bother and she said yes I was. 12 messages later I apologized and said that I knew I acted like our fights were the end but knew they weren't and her response was "good...I need a baseball bat to crack your thick skull all the time", not literally crack it. At the end I asked if she wanted me to leave her alone for a while and she said yes. On Thursday I texted her twice, liked her status twice, and commented once but got no replies, though Thursday night she sent me a picture of her with curly hair. On Friday I sent her one text and only commented once and got no replies. So far I haven't talked to her today. I don't want to lose my friend, people say she is obviously still interested because who would stick around with their ex after 2 1/2 years and after fighting so much. What should I do to get her to miss me and at least want the friendship? I know I am limited in what I can do but what should I do?

You're obsessive about her, there is no friendship here, just an attempted illusion of hope at a relationship. What are you doing? Why are you still talking to this girl instead of moving on? Get with it bro, there is nothing to save here.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Yeah your right in that. It isn't a friendship anymore, it is just clay that she can mold as she wishes. Thanks.

Long distance relationships are so difficult and can be tougher to get over. You need to take yourself out of the cyber world into the real world. Go out and meet new people, take up an interest....something that will get you out of the house.