+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice needed on why he does like that

advice needed on why he does like that

hii guys

I'm a little confused at the moment.. I'll start at the beginning -> at work.. I was on my way to go and get a car from work out of the garage and he was coming with me.. he talked a lot in the car and asked what I did, what my interests are,... after a few weeks, we talked about everything I guess and I started to feel something for him.. then some of my colleges (who didn't know of course) told me he's kind of a flirt.. not that he sleeps with another girl every day but that he enjoys life and doesn't want anything serious untill he's 30.. After that, I didn't wanted to tell him what I felt anymore of course.. a few weeks later I found out why he is like that.. apparently, a few years ago he was getting married and 1 day before, his fiance blew him off and admitted she had feelings for his college/friend.. I understood then that he is afraid.. or i guess he is..
    When I'm getting something to drink in the cafeteria for example and he walks in with his friends he's like.. 'hi' in a not-interested way.. but when I walk past him and he's alone he smiles a lot and winks at me and stuff.. it's always like that.. with his friend he seems not interested but when we're alone he always talks and stares at me.. What does this mean? is he interested or not? I just don't want to lose him as a friend because we have to work together a lot..

Can someone help me? :s

if you have anymore questions, I would gladly answer them. thanks!

He apparently lived a bad experience, but if you intend to get something serious with him, you can make him change, even when we are frustrated we still have hope to find the exception that confirm the rule.

thanks.. but how can I make him see that I don't wanna hurt him?

That is something you can't make him see. Be yourself and trust me, he will know. Because of his previous trust issue, don't give to much worry about what he is like in front of people/friends. What does he tell you when you guys are alone?

I'd say he has an interest, but be cautious of work relationships, especially if you work together or in a small business place.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

@LoveBobo

we talk about everything I guess.. what he did on the weekend, what he likes, what his plans are,... so I shouldn't worry about the fact that he's different in front of friends?

@haxan
    we work in the same copany yes.. but it's pretty big and we don't work on the same team either..
    Last edited by Confused_Girl; 06-08-12 at 06:32 PM.

No, I mean its something that shouldn't be such a high priority at this stage. You can address it later perhaps. The most important thing to do now, in my opinion, is gain trust. The best to do that while not looking like you are trying to hard, is to show interest in your conversations! Then I think it should be a little more obvious if he is interested in you.

Hope this helps!