+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: does age make a difference?

People in general tend to act differently around their SO's then they do around their buddies.

age does not matter... it is trully the connection that does... it all depends on how you both are together... i believe that fate works in mysterious ways...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Thanks for calling me immature. I dis-agree by the way. I consider people who call others immature to be the ones who are the immature ones...but I am not the judge of what maturity is. Would you explain to me? From what I see and hear ..maturity is having a straight face and never laughing. The defintion of maturity is "not fully developed"....*looks at self*....nope...I am fully developed. I think that is stereo-typing.
    I'm not calling you immature.

All I'm trying to say is that in general, most 22 year old guys just don't have their life and their priorities or even their hormones in order yet. Try mentioning the word 'marriage' to a guy under 30....they run screaming like you threatened to kill them. Which is exactly why every single girl I know is either dating or married to an older guy. They have figured out what they want from their life. And also that there is more to life than partying and sex (with 'only virgins' at that!).

Ultimately, it's Dymondgirl's choice.....it will work or it won't. Not here to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    But if the shoe fits...

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer

All I'm trying to say is that in general, most 22 year old guys just don't have their life and their priorities or even their hormones in order yet. Try mentioning the word 'marriage' to a guy under 30....they run screaming like you threatened to kill them. Which is exactly why every single girl I know is either dating or married to an older guy. They have figured out what they want from their life. And also that there is more to life than partying and sex (with 'only virgins' at that!).

Ultimately, it's Dymondgirl's choice.....it will work or it won't. Not here to judge.

your right about having his life and other priorities not in order yet, so true. We've talked about kids and other things and that is why I'm so into this guy. I guess I'll just enjoy the ride and see where it takes me...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dymondgirl
    nice lover boy...i really like what you said. I think that is very simular to my situation at this point. He has a very hard time dealing with the fact that my husband is still contacting me...but i have no choice. We are trying to sell the house and he makes so much more $$ than me instead of going to court I call him if I need it. He tells me it doen't bother him but I know it does. He also knows I want to have kids but he can't do that right now of course. But what you said about truely loving this older women... I believe he does but I want to ask you something...at that point in your life were you ready to truely commit to this older women if the other problems werent in the picture?
    Well ofcourse I would. Actually, we were on the verge of ditching everything and running away together. We were going to move to the east coast where rent is less expensive and get away from people we knew so we can live the life and start from brand new. She was going to live her kids with her hubby, but I thought she was obssesed and I told her to slow down. At last, we said good bye in good terms and until now, we still stay in touch. Funny, huh? I haven't visited her though, when we visit, it's usually hugs and kisses all over again.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

maturity is the ability to accept with a straight face those things which u cannot change. it has nothing to with age.

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Quote Originally Posted by Dymondgirl
    So i could just be a practice run for him?
    Ahhh pessimism, stop it!

He has to practice sometime right? Who knows, if he perfects his practice, He may just be willing to reward those most patient with him.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

I believe maturity is a state of mind. I've seen 25 yr olds who act like 45 yr olds and visa versa. When you go to the toy section and start idly playing with things here and there when you're a grown adult, are you still mature to the ones around you? Some say we have kids so that, through them, we may "relive" our youth (I believe it was Bill Cosby who brought that one up), does that make us mature or immature? (Don't try to deny it, we all do at one point or another)

Oh, and Dymondgirl. Don't let these people get you down, all things are fair in love and war, right? To each his/her own...
    It is impossible to love and be wise
    -Francis Bacon

Dymondgirl----Women generally live longer than men. So in this way, he won't die before you, that's the good thing. Don't start flaming me, I mean it in all seriousness. Very often the guy will die first, leaving the woman on her own for the next 10 years.

Your age is just the number of years you have been on this planet. It does not reflect the life experience you have had...the individual person is what is important.
    When I was 19, I went out with a 29 year old man, and we had a great relationship. I had a lot of things going on in my life growing up, and considered myself older than my years....I can honestly say the age thing wasn't an issue.
    However, when I was 25...I went on one date with a 23 year old...and it was like dating a child... I had more in common with my 6 year old nephew.

It really is the person themself not their age that is important. If you and him are both truly happy, no-one is "using" anyone else. Then who is anyone else to judge. Be happy, life's too short.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12