+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does age make a difference?

does age make a difference?

For the few of you guys that have met me you know my situation..see link below

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/t6667-sayin-hi.html[/url]

Just wondering if any women here have had a simular experence and would like to share it. I'd like to find out what im getting into..lol

Well, I'm not a woman, but you're getting my opinion anyway! As people get older, the age difference doesn't matter as much. A 30 yr old dating a 40 yr old, no biggie. But if one of the persons is under 25, there's a maturity issue. That would be the biggest worry for me in a relationship with a big age difference.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Im not trying to sound judgemental, but I'm 25 and there's not a chance I would ever date a 22 year old. They simply aren't mature enough. They don't even really mature until they are in their late 20's to 30's anyway, so if you are seeking a stable relationship, you are better off shopping in your own age group.

I have known a few guy friends of mine that had relationships with older women. They made it look to the woman like they were in a real, loving relationship, but really on the side they were coming back to their friends and going "Dude.....I got with the hot old chick again!" Not that you are old....but compared to a 22 yr old, you are. They treated them like gold, bought them stuff, took them out on group dates with their friends......and I always wondered 'How does this woman not see that she totally has nothing in common with this guy or his social circle?' We used to totally mock them behind their back. And of course, in the end, the guys always ended up dumping the 'older women' to date a younger girl that they had more in common with.

thats the thing...he doesnt go around flaunting are relationship. And he doesnt have the money to go out all the time. We have to much in common thats the point. No one is mocking me behind my back and if they did he wouldnt stand for it. I think your missing the point we have so much in common that is why his is with me in the first place!

...to each their own

Well I will only tell you this: My father is 25 YEARS OLDER than my mom..and they are one of the happiest marriages I have ever seen and my father has been the funniest nice "young" father of all, just a little of my family history here, hope it helps

My mom has been very happy dating someone a good 15 years younger than her. After you grow up I dont think it matters at all.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

When I was 21, I was having an affair with a 32 year old married women. We had lots in common, but she couldn't leave her hubby because of kids. She would cry most of the time when I had to leave. But, what I want to poiint out, I was being sencere to her and mature during our time together. I did want to be with her, but we couldn't. Age gap is not a problem, it's only a problem if the oldest person is really older and wants to have children. Situations occur and problems start to happen. I was never ashame to be around her in public too, I was proud because I was happy to know her and who she is.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymondgirl
    thats the thing...he doesnt go around flaunting are relationship. And he doesnt have the money to go out all the time. We have to much in common thats the point. No one is mocking me behind my back and if they did he wouldnt stand for it. I think your missing the point we have so much in common that is why his is with me in the first place!
    Not missing the point. Just telling you what I've seen from experience. If you take nothing from it, that's fine.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    My mom has been very happy dating someone a good 15 years younger than her. After you grow up I dont think it matters at all.
    I agree. But 22 isn't grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    not a chance I would ever date a 22 year old. They simply aren't mature enough.
    Thanks for calling me immature. I dis-agree by the way. I consider people who call others immature to be the ones who are the immature ones...but I am not the judge of what maturity is. Would you explain to me? From what I see and hear ..maturity is having a straight face and never laughing. The defintion of maturity is "not fully developed"....*looks at self*....nope...I am fully developed. I think that is stereo-typing.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

it doesnt , and it shouldnt matter.
    my gf is 3 years elder to me and even though her family doesnt want ths to happen, they know that i love her more than my life. i dont mock her to my friends.

however it matter s to everybody except those in love

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

nice lover boy...i really like what you said. I think that is very simular to my situation at this point. He has a very hard time dealing with the fact that my husband is still contacting me...but i have no choice. We are trying to sell the house and he makes so much more $$ than me instead of going to court I call him if I need it. He tells me it doen't bother him but I know it does. He also knows I want to have kids but he can't do that right now of course. But what you said about truely loving this older women... I believe he does but I want to ask you something...at that point in your life were you ready to truely commit to this older women if the other problems werent in the picture?

A younger man being with an older Woman gives him a chance to start practicing being mature, something He may be wanting to do, since it might be hard for him to be mature and still get respect around his buddies.

Edit spelling
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

So i could just be a practice run for him? I know it's hard for him to be mature and get respect from his buddies thats so true. I metioned to one of his guys friend how mature I thought we was for his age and the guy almost fell over laughing so hard...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast