+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fed up, Should I continue?

Fed up, Should I continue?

Hey everyone, so I have a problem with my current girlfriend. She just constantly complains about everything and anything under the sun. She does a bunch of other little things that irritate the crap out of me like interrupting me/changing the subject while I'm speaking, and making up excuses for not getting things done and/or not doing what I'd like to do.. Rather than just saying "I don't want to do that".

Everything started off great.. She'd be over my house and sleep over around 3 times a week and we were having great sex.. Then all of a sudden it stopped. She began generating excuses to not stay over or even come over my house.

"Your sheets give me a rash" - Ok, so I went out and bought sensitive skin detergent.
    "It's too dry in your room." - Ok, so I went out and bought a humidifier.
    "I like to use my own shampoo." - Ok, Well just bring yours over or let me know what kind you want and I'll buy it.

The lists of excuses just goes on and on. Last night she said "I'll do anything you want to do tonight" and literally everything I said she just instantly shot down with a really petty excuse. So then I said "Well I don't feel like driving around and wasting my gas. So I'm going to drop you off and go to bed if you don't want to do anything." At this moment she had a little temper tantrum and told me to just come in her house. I refused to and told her I was too fed up with this and just want to get some rest.

Another thing is the sex.. I know sex isn't a huge issue, but I have a very high libido and am 24 years old. We have sex maybe once every week to two weeks. It drives me nuts.. I could never ever cheat on a partner in a million years and I feel as though she's holding back the sex because she doesn't find it enjoyable (see chronic complainer explanation).

But the problem that bothers me the most with this girl; on top of the complaining and lack of sex.. Is the fact that she DOES NOT LOOK FOR A SOLUTION TO HER PROBLEMS. I know girls like a man that just listens and doesn't judge. That's what I try to do most of the time. But when it's ME THAT'S HER PROBLEM.. I can't help but state my opinion on the matter. Then she goes on to call me "too sensitive" and say stuff like "Sorry if I expect my boyfriend do listen to me."... Well when listening to your girlfriend becomes listening to her talk down on you about how much of a crappy job you're doing being her boyfriend, it gets a little personal.. Then you wonder why she's with you in the first place if she feels that way. In the end, I'm always the bad guy that F'd up and it's my job to fix it.

Now what I'd like to know is, am I just being dramatic? Please feed my your harshest ego crushing criticisms .. I don't look at it as being insulted, but learning to build myself better.

You can do nothing to change her, so either you accept her as she is and put up with all the things about her that annoy you, or you break up. Personally, I think you should break up... you are clearly fed up with her.

You can try one last thing - tell her that you are considering breaking up because of all these "little" things. See how she reacts... if she seems to understand and actually put some effort into trying to change the things that annoy you, then maybe you can try staying with her a while longer, to see how it goes. Otherwise just leave, there's no point in being in a relationship if all it does is make you unhappy/unsatisfied/irritated.
    Last edited by searock; 03-12-12 at 12:21 AM.

I don't think it's healthy for you to go though that, and I am not talking about the sex. She does not seem to want to hear anything from you with her problems. But, then she butts in to your problem and telling you what to do, is that what you meant? She sounds like a selfish child. Sorry, but that's what I am seeing.

Yep, spoiled brat she is. Dump her and find a pleasant girl to hang out with.

I know someone who drops girls off on the side of the road when they do this. He looks in his rear view mirror and watches his "problems" disappear.

Maybe a little harsh, but the metaphor is apt. Don't put up with people who add a lot of negative energy in your life. Tell her you aren't going to listen to it anymore. If she doesn't stop, end it. It's your life.

Ugh.. I keep thinking maybe it's my own anxiety and negative outlook that's affecting things, but then it keeps happening. She just never wants to have sex anymore.

We were both cuddling on the couch watching a tv show, then when it ended we were kissing and stuff.. Tried to take things a step further and she said "I'm too tired I need to go to bed". I mean, she did have a long day.. But she never seems to have energy for anything anymore. It's kind of funny too how she just realizes this right after I make a move..

Last night we also had plans to go out to eat. She worked 8am to around 4pm that day. She told me she was on her way home from work so I said "okay, I'll get ready and swing by your place" Then once I start driving she says "I feel so drained from work today, I just need to get rest. I don't want to go out tonight."

I was kind of pissed off about this but I didn't say anything to her, just figuring it would only trigger another explosive outburst from her accusing me of not being thoughtful or something.. But I mean, really? You're 23 and 8 hours of work tires you? It's not like I'm asking her to come run a 10k with me lol.

Anyways, I wound up going out with my best friends that night instead. We played some pool and had a few beers. Then I realized something. I was happy, I was having a great time, and I was NOT in the company of my chronic complainer girlfriend.

I'm finding it difficult to tell her "I love you" lately.

I'm going to give this another month, if I'm seeing no progress, I'm just going to end the relationship. I'm really beginning to think "Why the heck am I in this? I don't need to be". I'm also beginning to catch myself checking women out more frequently lately too.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is the end...

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It sucks when they're not perfect.

Hey, one man's trash is another's treasure. I'm sure you two can make other people happy.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Please feed my your harshest ego crushing criticisms .. I don't look at it as being insulted, but learning to build myself better.
    I actually planned on being nice but since you asked me not to...

1) If she's half as much of a bitch as you make her sound you are a fukking retard for staying with her this long and the fact that you would hook up with such a cunt speaks volumes about you.

2) "It's too dry in your room" - okay so I went out and bought a dehumidifier. And you wonder why she doesn't respect you? You may as well wear a sign that says *her name*'s bitch. Get it tattooed on your forehead. Her agenda from the beginning was probably to make you her bitch and you made it so pathetically easy for her that she got bored with you.

3) If she's not fukking you very often she could very well be getting it from someone with a bigger d1ck and better poonslaying skills than you, just sayin. Women aren't like men, they don't cheat just because they get horny and can't keep it in their pants like we do, they cheat because they are unhappy with their man, and she is clearly unhappy with you. Genetics and socialization also play a role for both genders when it comes to cheating but beyond that this is the main difference between men an women on this particular subject.

On a positive note you checking out other women is a good sign. You are slowly starting to earn your penis back.

i think u r not even inlove so u start looking all the bad she do.
    and i think u r wrong for complaining or even make te fact that there is no sex a issue.
    its her body she dont have to sex u.

please break up and leave the girl alone cause u dont like her and u r mad cause u r not getting the things u got with her for.bad attitude yours

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitsss View Post
    i think u r not even inlove so u start looking all the bad she do.
    and i think u r wrong for complaining or even make te fact that there is no sex a issue.
    its her body she dont have to sex u.

please break up and leave the girl alone cause u dont like her and u r mad cause u r not getting the things u got with her for.bad attitude yours
    I think your articulation and typing speaks volumes about your intelligence.

Can I ask you.. If you bought a car you LOVED but it kept needing repairs, breaking down, parts falling apart etc.. Would you keep it?

Don't mind Fruitsss, it's a troll.