+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know what to do next. Continue? (Y/N)

Don't know what to do next. Continue? (Y/N)

Just met this girl three or four days ago. Ages: 18/19, so keep that in mind as you read on. Heres the story of my past three/four days. It should help you understand my question at the bottom a lot better.

The Movie
    My friend asked me to go with him and some girl "Jane" (fake name) to the movies. He has been talking to her for some time now trying to hookup with her. This was my first time meeting her. Through out the whole time I have really been trying to not give her much attention, because it was my friends date (not really, she keeps saying they are just friends). She was being really obvious about her feelings and asking weird questions. During the movie she would ask me questions like "So have you ever hooked-up with a girl?" (as in a one night stand), there was one scene with an Asian girl in it which is made her ask me if I had ever hooked up with an Asian girl. So yeah, basically she was focusing most of her attention towards me.

The Bar
    After the movie we where suppose to go to a bar to watch the football game. I texted my friend asking him if he wanted me to leave so that he can be alone with her. He said he didn't care and that it was cool. I decided to not go with them and made a call to another friend of my, put it on speaker, and asked him if he wanted to go to the gym. He said he was already there and it was okay for me to drop by. After Jane heard I wasn't going to the bar to watch the game she began to back out going too. Since I didn't want to be responsible for disbanding the date (or what ever you want to call it) I told them I would just stick around with them anyway. We ending up eating and watching the game, it was a family place/bar. I was trying to zone out, because I don't really like watching football (lax/soccer player), so I pulled out my phone and started messing. Apparently that was the wrong move to make because she grabbed from me in a playful manner and asked me if I had her number... she then put it in and sent herself a text from my phone. I didn't do anything with the number and had no intentions of calling it. Yes, I though the girl was goergous and I really liked her personality but I didn't want to pull a "robbery" on the girl my friend has been working on... especially on the date he invited me to.

Past Midnight
    After the game was over my friend dropped me off home and we all went our separate ways. At around 2 a.m. I get a text from Jane. I can't exactly remember what it said but it something like "Hey, what's up!!: ) What'cha doing?! = P". I know she was going out drinking and smoking with some co-workers (she works as a hostess at the bar we went to), so I figured she was drunk/high texting me. I probably shouldn't have done so ...but I love texting drunk people, you never know what they will say, lol. We talked for maybe 30 minutes (with long waits between replies, so it's not as much as it sounds). She ended up telling me I was cute and just had to tell me. I didn't know how to reply, so I pretended to fall back asleep. I wanted to sleep over what I should do from here...

So after a bit of consideration, I texted her back in the morning apologizing for "falling asleep" and told her I though she was cute and was adorable yesterday.

The Day After
    I was still recieving texts from Jane the whole day. If I took more than 10 minutes to reply she would send me a text containing either containing a sad face or bunch of question marks and exclamation marks. After about 20-25 minutes of not replying she would either repeat the last text or change the subject, LOL. I honestly thought that it was adorable. So I started falling for her a little...

I decided to call up the friend who invited me to his "date" to hang out for the day. At one point during the car ride he tells me that he's upset with me. I then asked him why... He told me he had been trying to "****" Jane for awhile now. He then continues to tell me that she called him at some point telling him that she thought I was cute. Then she asked him if I would hook-up with her. (Jane has some sort of phobia against hooking up with people she isn't dating because shes afraid of not being called back.) Knowing Janes little phobia I found it weird she would ask that. He then told her that I would hook-up with her and not hit her back up and that I couldn't date her because of him, he told her that I wouldn't do that to him. She then calls him back after that conversation and asks him "So if you asked him to hook-up with me, he would?". I busted out in laughter when I heard this part, lol.

Hanging Out With Jane
    We ended up texting ALL day long. She wanted to hang out with me again. She kept asking to go do stuff with her and my friend. I told her that we should definitely do it "SOMEDAY", I didn't really want to go because it would have been weird. At one point she asked me where I lived, I told her I live on BlahBlah Street. I then told her in a playful manner that she should come over sometime and visit me, I didn't really think she would want to do it... but she agreed to it. Yes I finally caved.

My House
    She ending up coming to my house the next night. She brought two of her favorite movies to watch. I popped it in my DVD player and hit play. The first movie we barely even watched because we spent the whole time talking. She really opened up told me a lot about her past, her parents, why shes lives with her aunt and uncle, and her past relationships. I then put in one of my movies she hadn't seen which she saw laying around. This time we spent the whole movie talking about how bad it was (it was Scream 4). During the third movie we spent some time looking at photos on her camera while she cuddled up in my arms. The ended at 12:30 and she said she had to go home. I walked her to a car where I was expecting a kiss, but instead received a peck on the lips.

During our talking she talked about my friend. She told him he asked her to hookup a couple of times and she didn't want to. She told me she never considered him to be her boyfriend, nothing more than a friend. She said she would have never hooked up with him.

The Second Date
    I asked her to come out again and hang out. She wanted to go eat and asked if my friend (the guy on the original date) wanted to come. I talked to him before and he seemed pretty mad at her. He told me there was no point in hanging out with a hott chick you wont ever be able to ****. I just nodded my head and agreed, didn't want to argue. So she wanted me to take him to my other friends house where the original friend was at during the time so that she can talk to him and see if they can make up and be friends.

They made up after a semi-long talk. Me and Jane where about to leave and I asked him if he wanted to come along. The reason because of that was because I was afraid I couldn't keep Jane entertained alone and she would stop liking me or like me less. I for some reason talked very little again. Or maybe it just felt that way to me? But anyway, we went back to the same bar to eat again then ended up going to play laser tag (I wanted to go to the hooka bar but was out numbered, I hate laser tag).

The day was over I dropped the friend off then was left alone with Jane again. She asked me what if I had work tomorrow and I told her yes. She then told me she planned to sleep the night at my house. (and I really doubt it was to have sex) She legitly just wanted to spend the night, in the same bed... probably. If anything we might have cuddled. She had some company over and knew that they wanted let her sleep, because of the kids staying in her room. She then said she would probably just spend the night at the friends house. Which the friend told me she had done before, he tried to get her in his bed BUT she wanted to stay in his sisters room separated from him. Like she said, she would never hookup with him. I was against it, so I told her it was fine sleep at my place. Yes, I was jealous and worried. I would be an idiot not to be. She ended up just going to her house in the end.

The night ended with yet another peck on lips...

So that's the story, now here's my problem...
    I developed some genuine feelings for this girl and really like her now. Today, we are throwing a sick party for my friends birthday. I invited her to come a day or two before, until this morning she wanted to go. She texted me in the morning telling me she didn't want to go. She told me to go have fun and hookup with someone if I wanted to because we aren't really dating.

I had never been as confused as I was when I heard that, lol. My first two thoughts where that either

A.) She isn't interested in me anymore, and basically told me to hookup with someone because we aren't hooking up.

B.) She was testing me.

So I prayed that she was testing me. I told her that its fine, I can have fun without hooking up or making out with anyone and that I would save myself for her (...and no I am not a virgin, far from it. I didn't mean it in that context). Which I thought would have been a killer line to anyone... BUT she then continued to push me into hooking up with someone that day at the party.

I felt my heart grow a little a heavier after that moment. Right now I really think she lost interest in me already, which sucks because I grew to really like this girl.

So I get blunt, and just straight up ask her if she wanted to hook up with me or not. This was after I told her that hooking up with her wasn't important to me... I just wanted to continue hanging out with her the way we had been the past few days. She didn't want to say no, she kept saying maybe and whole bunch of other crap. I'm not a fool... I know a no when I see it.

Also, she barely texts now. She use to text me the entire day and night. Now I can barely get two questions in 4 hours.

Did I loser her? Does anyone see a mistake here? What should I do? I don't want to continue building a relationship that doesn't exist because it will only add on to the heart ache that I have now. Could she just be busy or is it wishful thinking? I am honestly really confused and hurting.. afraid of ending something that hasn't even started...

It's a lot to read but I would appreciate the advice. I split it up into smaller sections to make it easier to read. Thanks!

I don't think she's interested in being anything more than just friends.